Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Did your guys come with the Domain fork? Thats the one thing that might hold me back from that option. I think Giant is a great company in all honesty but for like 1300 there is a diamondback db8 27.5 with a fox 40 carbon we are one / king wheelset and saint brakes.... if I can pull a few hundred extra bucks together that might be a good bruiser of an option.

Selfishly, I was hoping popular opinion here was to just run the Process but with a bike like the one you just described I'd say the writing is on the wall.

The problem for me is I'm reading all this and talking myself into a DH bike.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
husstler wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Did your guys come with the Domain fork? Thats the one thing that might hold me back from that option. I think Giant is a great company in all honesty but for like 1300 there is a diamondback db8 27.5 with a fox 40 carbon we are one / king wheelset and saint brakes.... if I can pull a few hundred extra bucks together that might be a good bruiser of an option.

Selfishly, I was hoping popular opinion here was to just run the Process but with a bike like the one you just described I'd say the writing is on the wall.

The problem for me is I'm reading all this and talking myself into a DH bike.

lol I know rieeeght! I just think I dont want to destroy my kona.... I guarantee that would be the case for me

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
Whats up with the racing bug Ster? I caught the racing fever a few years ago and enjoyed the taste but have moved on. Just curious.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Whats up with the racing bug Ster? I caught the racing fever a few years ago and enjoyed the taste but have moved on. Just curious.

Try to get out of my comfort zone

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
I race a few local enduros a year. They are good motivation to keep my ass in shape/keep pushing skill levels and I know a lot of guys that race and nice see them.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

Let's go play hardtails in BC.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
Rigid 26" is gonna make a comeback!

I scored a set of rims for $ 1.00 yesterday. Yup. One dollar. Sun Rims s type 6061 559x34 black and grey camo.

These are the same one I put on tys DJ bike 5 years ago. Now I'll need hubs and spokes but hey for a dollar I couldnt go wrong.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

What happens between two guys in the bush should stay in the bush...

The safe word is “yes! oh gawd yes!”

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

GoFundMe
#moneyformagnum

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

Roger that. That was my thing too. God speed friendo!

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:18 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:

Good luck bro.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I don't have a safe word. Although I did puss out on a road gap when I rode with stermag in levenworth. Still bummed that I didn't do it.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
You totally had it too...

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I don't have a safe word. Although I did puss out on a road gap when I rode with stermag in levenworth. Still bummed that I didn't do it.

Im into it!

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Rigid 26" is gonna make a comeback!

I scored a set of rims for $ 1.00 yesterday. Yup. One dollar. Sun Rims s type 6061 559x34 black and grey camo.

These are the same one I put on tys DJ bike 5 years ago. Now I'll need hubs and spokes but hey for a dollar I couldnt go wrong.

The price was right!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046148
Mobile Version of Website