Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Did your guys come with the Domain fork? Thats the one thing that might hold me back from that option. I think Giant is a great company in all honesty but for like 1300 there is a diamondback db8 27.5 with a fox 40 carbon we are one / king wheelset and saint brakes.... if I can pull a few hundred extra bucks together that might be a good bruiser of an option.

Selfishly, I was hoping popular opinion here was to just run the Process but with a bike like the one you just described I'd say the writing is on the wall.

The problem for me is I'm reading all this and talking myself into a DH bike.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:05 Quote
husstler wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Did your guys come with the Domain fork? Thats the one thing that might hold me back from that option. I think Giant is a great company in all honesty but for like 1300 there is a diamondback db8 27.5 with a fox 40 carbon we are one / king wheelset and saint brakes.... if I can pull a few hundred extra bucks together that might be a good bruiser of an option.

Selfishly, I was hoping popular opinion here was to just run the Process but with a bike like the one you just described I'd say the writing is on the wall.

The problem for me is I'm reading all this and talking myself into a DH bike.

lol I know rieeeght! I just think I dont want to destroy my kona.... I guarantee that would be the case for me

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
Whats up with the racing bug Ster? I caught the racing fever a few years ago and enjoyed the taste but have moved on. Just curious.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Whats up with the racing bug Ster? I caught the racing fever a few years ago and enjoyed the taste but have moved on. Just curious.

Try to get out of my comfort zone

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
I race a few local enduros a year. They are good motivation to keep my ass in shape/keep pushing skill levels and I know a lot of guys that race and nice see them.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Whats up with the racing bug Ster? I caught the racing fever a few years ago and enjoyed the taste but have moved on. Just curious.

Try to get out of my comfort zone

Let's go play hardtails in BC.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
Rigid 26" is gonna make a comeback!

I scored a set of rims for $ 1.00 yesterday. Yup. One dollar. Sun Rims s type 6061 559x34 black and grey camo.

These are the same one I put on tys DJ bike 5 years ago. Now I'll need hubs and spokes but hey for a dollar I couldnt go wrong.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:06 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Let's go play hardtails in BC.

What happens between two guys in the bush should stay in the bush...

The safe word is “yes! oh gawd yes!”

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Did your guys come with the Domain fork? Thats the one thing that might hold me back from that option. I think Giant is a great company in all honesty but for like 1300 there is a diamondback db8 27.5 with a fox 40 carbon we are one / king wheelset and saint brakes.... if I can pull a few hundred extra bucks together that might be a good bruiser of an option.

GoFundMe
#moneyformagnum

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Whats up with the racing bug Ster? I caught the racing fever a few years ago and enjoyed the taste but have moved on. Just curious.

Try to get out of my comfort zone

Roger that. That was my thing too. God speed friendo!

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:18 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
Whats up with the racing bug Ster? I caught the racing fever a few years ago and enjoyed the taste but have moved on. Just curious.

Try to get out of my comfort zone

Good luck bro.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Let's go play hardtails in BC.

What happens between two guys in the bush should stay in the bush...

The safe word is “yes! oh gawd yes!”

I don't have a safe word. Although I did puss out on a road gap when I rode with stermag in levenworth. Still bummed that I didn't do it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
You totally had it too...

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
mtnmanjake wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Let's go play hardtails in BC.

What happens between two guys in the bush should stay in the bush...

The safe word is “yes! oh gawd yes!”

I don't have a safe word. Although I did puss out on a road gap when I rode with stermag in levenworth. Still bummed that I didn't do it.

Im into it!

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Rigid 26" is gonna make a comeback!

I scored a set of rims for $ 1.00 yesterday. Yup. One dollar. Sun Rims s type 6061 559x34 black and grey camo.

These are the same one I put on tys DJ bike 5 years ago. Now I'll need hubs and spokes but hey for a dollar I couldnt go wrong.

The price was right!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020297
Mobile Version of Website