ho-lee-ballz. That was hectic.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 16:35 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
obee1 wrote:

Can I get a hell yeah!

ho-lee-ballz. That was hectic.

Dudes are nutzzzzzzzzz !

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 17:00 Quote
Dudes have Mad Skillz..Hard charging Jaws is not for the faint of heart, these guys take a beating sometimes, and go back for more....

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 17:30 Quote
https://www.bikemag.com/news/mountain-biker-recounts-witnessing-the-kobe-bryant-crash/

Worth a quick read. Scary, never know what’s around that next corner on the trail.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 18:14 Quote
First of all, Jaws is nuts. First saw some footage in a doc about the Abbertons. Crazy shit. Secondly, Matahi Drollet at about 3:37 free falling what, about 10 or 15 feet into that giant spin cycle kinda made me a bit sick to my stomach. Those guys have some serious balls.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 18:51 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
https://www.bikemag.com/news/mountain-biker-recounts-witnessing-the-kobe-bryant-crash/

Worth a quick read. Scary, never know what’s around that next corner on the trail.
I may be alone in this but I feel like it's pretty f*cked up that bike magazine is trying to get clicks off a nothing story tied to people dying. It'd be one thing if it was just Kobe and he'd been driving too fast on the freeway or something but there were kids and most of a family that died in that crash and it's pretty f*cking low for bike to be trying to profit off of somebody's tale of "we went for a ride, heard a helicopter, saw smoke, and came upon the crash"...

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 23:08 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

I may be alone in this but I feel like it's pretty f*cked up that bike magazine is trying to get clicks off a nothing story tied to people dying. It'd be one thing if it was just Kobe and he'd been driving too fast on the freeway or something but there were kids and most of a family that died in that crash and it's pretty f*cking low for bike to be trying to profit off of somebody's tale of "we went for a ride, heard a helicopter, saw smoke, and came upon the crash"...

I'm with you bro. No need. Especially that last photo. I used to see it when deployed, these f*cking ghouls would be prepping their stories and ringing back to the UK to get it primed for as soon as the reporting ban was lifted. Trying to find out details and be ready to approach families for comment.

I was always hostile to journos out there because deep down they don't give a f*cking damn about anything other than their story.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
[Quote="RelapsedMandalorian"][Quote="badbadleroybrown"]
bkchef2000 wrote:

I was always hostile to journos out there because deep down they don't give a f*cking damn about anything other than their story.

Don't blame you a bit for wanting to avoid them. Much like ambulance chasing lawyers, they are the scum of the earth...

A few incidents over the years that I was involved in either directly or indirectly had made the news. I was amazed at the facts omitted and the modification of quotes to exaggerate the negative aspect or impact of the news.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

I agree with you fully. The entire thing is tragic and the amount of click bait is gross.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 9:06 Quote
Mtn bikings shitty attempt at relevance by proxy. Journalism seems to be so full of shallow disgusting people, it makes me reflect on how growing up with people like Walter Cronkite, Dan rather and Peter Jennings they must now be rolling in their graves- or they were just as corrupt and just never knew it.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 9:43 Quote
I just got called a f*cking little old man by some fat f*ck at the coffeehouse parking lot. I let him have it before remembering my daughter was in the car with me... Facepalm

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
obee1 wrote:
Mtn bikings shitty attempt at relevance by proxy. Journalism seems to be so full of shallow disgusting people, it makes me reflect on how growing up with people like Walter Cronkite, Dan rather and Peter Jennings they must now be rolling in their graves- or they were just as corrupt and just never knew it.
I wonder about this a lot as I've grown to realize that the media is really nothing but propagandist misinformation with a few fact based diatribes sprinkled in; were they just as bad back then and I was just too young to realize and the nation too naive to notice or have things really just jumped the shark.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
I think I’ve mentioned it before... I stopped paying attention to all news media outlets print digital radio about three years ago as it just created a lot of frustration and angst without enriching life in any way. In some ways I feel like that makes me ignorant and uninformed... but there really wasn’t any valuable information I could do anything with anyway... just poor attempts at profound op ed.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
I think I’ve mentioned it before... I stopped paying attention to all news media outlets print digital radio about three years ago as it just created a lot of frustration and angst without enriching life in any way. In some ways I feel like that makes me ignorant and uninformed... but there really wasn’t any valuable information I could do anything with anyway... just poor attempts at profound op ed.
At this point, I only read headlines and then go google the facts surrounding the story... I'm sick of news agencies telling me what I'm supposed to think about things that happened. I'll go read the facts and decide for myself if Trump's literally Hitler or if there's a recession on the way or whatever other bullshit spin they're selling that day.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
For me it wasn’t just politics... it was the hype and spectacal of the devastating storm, the build up to a five second blurry clip of some negative encounter... it was all just gross. Basically a carbon copy of tabloid media or that celebrity news show that you’d watch for 30min because they kept promising to drop that bombshell glimpse of j lo in a bathing suit from a mile away.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042061
Mobile Version of Website