Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 2:55 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
What vehicle is that?

2020 Toyota RAV4 Trail Edition. (Adventure Edition south of the border)
Good looking ride... they used to look like shit but that's damn nice.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:06 Quote
Nice whip shred.

So we had an unfortunate incident that ended up with an 8year old falling off a trail down an embankment. Her fall was stopped by a hoodoo formation luckily or else it was another 90m to the creek and required s+r to rappell down to extract her.
This trail is authorized and is intermediate level, has been used by 1000s of people without issue. There is lots of signage stating caution cliffs but the government said trail needed re routing after their incident.

Another example of dumbing down a trail because someone can't use good judgment. I feel for the kid but ffs parents taking your kid out for the first time biking in the mountains and you take her on an intermediate level trail? This is not Disney world this is the mountains, They are beautiful but can kill you.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
d-man wrote:
Nice whip shred.

So we had an unfortunate incident that ended up with an 8year old falling off a trail down an embankment. Her fall was stopped by a hoodoo formation luckily or else it was another 90m to the creek and required s+r to rappell down to extract her.
This trail is authorized and is intermediate level, has been used by 1000s of people without issue. There is lots of signage stating caution cliffs but the government said trail needed re routing after their incident.

Another example of dumbing down a trail because someone can't use good judgment. I feel for the kid but ffs parents taking your kid out for the first time biking in the mountains and you take her on an intermediate level trail? This is not Disney world this is the mountains, They are beautiful but can kill you.
I would send a package full of bubble wrap to your local government and let them know that it's mandatory to wear outside so when they fall off the curb, they can be protected!

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:12 Quote
Nothin worse than a hoodoo booboo but that seems like a bad judgment call... bogus.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
Poor judgment is everywhere everyday. People seem to be getting dimmer as time roles on.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
Shitty d-man,. There's a lot of really new riders out there than normal right now. I've seen parents on enduro bikes dragging their kids down trails they should never be on in the first place riding shit bikes and walking around every feature. The difference is the signage where I build is really bad. Scared the same thing might happen here.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:39 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
Shitty d-man,. There's a lot of really new riders out there than normal right now. I've seen parents on enduro bikes dragging their kids down trails they should never be on in the first place riding shit bikes and walking around every feature. The difference is the signage where I build is really bad. Scared the same thing might happen here.

The other day I found a car key on a trail going up. Picked it up, and the owner came down looking for it. I gave it to him. Then chatted. He was with his young son. Maybe ten. He was ebike towing his son up a stiff climb to a black D trail. Even if the kid could handle it....What ever happened to earn your turns.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
That is crap, people need to be accountable for the decisions they make. Yes it is a child and they probably should not have been on that trail, but in the end they made the decision, live with it. If they can't read a sign maybe the parents need to go back to elementary school with their kid ! My $.02 worth ... maybe less in value than that !

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
Attractive Nuisance doctrine.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
Maybe it was just a freak accident? Sometimes crashes happen to the best of us, kind of like this guy:

I hope the kid is OK.

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 9:57 Quote
Nice rig Shred! Hope the crazy settles down for you.

D-Man I think COVID has the risk tolerance dial turned off and then they ripped off the nob. Will be interesting to see what happens after the first dozen carcasses get transported down from Pano. Cry

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 10:27 Quote
Mountain biking is POPULAR now. People rock up to Whistler for a golf vacation and send their kids to bike camp in the park. Son talks Dad into trying a day in the park. Dad goes into park with full rented gear, thinking it's some sort of amusement park ride or something. As in everything has been made safe and is certified or something. And so Dad just follows Son down A-line, matching speed and doing the jumps until he doesn't make one.

And a couple Dads have been killed here over the years. And more than a few have had life changing injuries.

And then there's plain old bad luck. And bad luck or a spazzy move can happen to anybody - Jordie is a good example of that.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
Axxe wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
The only gun lock I really believe in is my trigger finger... I'm a nightstand, waistband, center console kind of guy.

I don’t fully trust teenagers in my house.

I’ve got a 4 year old that likes shooting games and a 10 year old entering puberty. Her mood swings are real.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 10:47 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Axxe wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
The only gun lock I really believe in is my trigger finger... I'm a nightstand, waistband, center console kind of guy.

I don’t fully trust teenagers in my house.

I’ve got a 4 year old that likes shooting games and a 10 year old entering puberty. Her mood swings are real.

Just wait 6 more years. It does NOT get better until after that.

I love my daughter. She is smart, self motivated, responsible. And she deals ok with me. But my god the snark and bitching and just insanity when they collide with my wife. Over everything.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 11:04 Quote
My 18 year old is cray cray........and stronger and smarter than me so I just stay out of her
way......lol.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042984
Mobile Version of Website