Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 23:51 Quote
I did that fork and shock. Rheeders camo bike. Worked on that fork and shocks. The picture they posted of brendogs was the frankenfork he road on. The original one was pearl orAnge. Was dope.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 0:00 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
I did that fork and shock. Rheeders camo bike. Worked on that fork and shocks. The picture they posted of brendogs was the frankenfork he road on. The original one was pearl orAnge. Was dope.

Reed Bogg

Brett Rheeder

Brendan Fairclough

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 0:01 Quote
I’ll drop a couple photos in my profile real quick.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 0:13 Quote
Check the random folder

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 3:52 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Bought the 16" makita cordless saw today.. Ran2 loads of debris to the dump today for a total of 7500lbs. Never started my big saw. I am pretty happy overall.. Definitely have to prioritize Chain speed over torque but overall very happy.. Would recommend.

I know labor work is hard on the body, but kicking ass for a day and making almost $500 by running saws and driving good size loads in the truck and trailer is pretty fulfilling work compared to the bike shop.

Labour is good for you, that complete overall workout works wonders. Unnatural movement keeps all those niggles at bay. Honest days work makes the beer taste better too, no question

..if you don't use it ..you lose it

Hard work for the win. Digging is where it's at.
I hate a weak handshake

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 5:12 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Check the random folder

Sweet

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Labour is good for you, that complete overall workout works wonders. Unnatural movement keeps all those niggles at bay. Honest days work makes the beer taste better too, no question

I hate a weak handshake
I love digging. I quit going to the gym when this whole covid crap began and never went back. Because I went and spent a couple hours a few days a week digging berms or transitions or whatever plus riding a couple days as well, I'm still in pretty good shape. Just miss doing squats. But the ground is frozen here now, so I picked up one of those knock off Alaskan mills off of Amazon. The plan is to get it sorted out and turn some logs into boards this week. I'll try to remember to grab some pics.

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 6:01 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

I hate a weak handshake
I love digging. I quit going to the gym when this whole covid crap began and never went back. Because I went and spent a couple hours a few days a week digging berms or transitions or whatever plus riding a couple days as well, I'm still in pretty good shape. Just miss doing squats. But the ground is frozen here now, so I picked up one of those knock off Alaskan mills off of Amazon. The plan is to get it sorted out and turn some logs into boards this week. I'll try to remember to grab some pics.
Ya man, let see some planks . I’ve wanted to buy a little Alaskan or build a guide system.
I feel it’s time to go in and mill up a bunch of material for next spring.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
Outdoors life Smile

Yep, always want to see what people build tup

Glad we all keep busy, I am going to tax my brain more also, or, at least as much as my body! Not really very 'artsy' though fairly competent with my hands

Reading more than ever, but would like to add more brain exercises, eye - hand coordination, whatever

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

I hate a weak handshake

When I see a setup like that Alaskan mill my first question is usually how do you get the logs moved around?

Like just drag them around with a small tractor?

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 7:22 Quote
husstler wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

I hate a weak handshake

When I see a setup like that Alaskan mill my first question is usually how do you get the logs moved around?

Like just drag them around with a small tractor?
Depends on location . A Alaskan mill is small. Able to set up on downed logs .
I prefer to mill a full downed tree, rather than cutting up. I also mill freehand vertically.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 8:49 Quote

Like just drag them around with a small tractor?[/Quote]

hustler, go look up a cant hook with a log bar attachment. a cant hook or a peavey does well to move wood. i'll never go back in the bush with a saw and not a cant hook. but you can mill lumber in the bush without an alaskan mill. you need good saw control, but its doable.
this oughta reincarnate some canadian childhood memories..

if you remember this, you old. and likely eastern.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 8:56 Quote
Was just down an alaskan mill worm toobe

Rad.

Coming together nicely

Stool bus update

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Was just down an alaskan mill worm toobe

Rad.

Coming together nicely

Stool bus update

The bus is looking great!

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
Looking amazeballs Ster!

Can’t wait to see where it takes you and the fam jam tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.061862
Mobile Version of Website