Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
The woke movement has me pissed ! We have a local philanthropy group that stages a bank robbery every year and they give clues out to who the robbers are and where the loot is hidden. You get a cash prize for finding the loot and or naming the bandits. I was in line at the hardware store and some Karen was bitching about how that is promoting violence in the local community. I politely told her if she did not like it here she could leave and that this has been a tradition for over 65 years. They do this during rodeo week and people really get into it. It is actually fun. WTF is wrong with people ?

65 years of thousands of people having fun participating at something, one beauty privilege bitch complaining about it. thats more of a reflection of her than it is the event.
i wonder how many of her top ten favourite movies includes a violent act as a significant part of the plot...

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
I appreciate some of the things that legitimizing the trail network has done but man has it created some issues. I think there are a couple of guys in here that build trails professionally but man when some of those guys get into the trail associations ear about how to build "professionally" and correctly it ends the character in the area. It is no joke about sanitizing trails and making them safe for all levels taking doubles and filling them in to make rollers and rerouting trails that cause erosion but take the personality out of it.

I am lucky that we have enough trails around that I can find what I want but it sucks to loose some great lines because they are deemed unsafe/unsustainable in the long term even though they have existed for many years.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 9:33 Quote
Oh. Weapons check on the highway. It must be stabby stabby weekend in Whistler. Gangs are stupid. Bunch of cowards.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 9:48 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Oh. Weapons check on the highway. It must be stabby stabby weekend in Whistler. Gangs are stupid. Bunch of cowards.
I'm sorry... a what?

Is this like a DUI checkpoint but they search your vehicle for weapons?

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
Yes. May long weekend is when the gangs from the lower mainland come to Whistler to settle their differences. Every year somebody gets stabbed or shot this weekend.

The RCMP puts up a drinking and driving road check and they always send a bunch back to Vancouver in paddy wagons before they get here. Those are just the ones that are obvious, drunk or high, or a car full of guns and knives and no paperwork and stuff like that. They can't search a car unless they have a reason. So the more discreet gangsters still fill up the town by Friday night.

We have a lot of extra cops here from other towns this weekend.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 10:20 Quote
Also, as I saw last night, if you punch the cop in the face when he bends down to your window, you're OUT! Saw some good tazer work last night.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 11:01 Quote
Go woke go broke. The wokerati are the fun police. In their blind rage and psychosis, they don’t even realize what they are. Useful idiots to an agenda.

/

At last….I have a house. A base. A paradise of isolation. Death by Air B’N B for ten weeks. Was some shenanigans in the deal to make it happen, but you learn different ways of doing business. Just a learning curve, nothing bad.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 11:54 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Yes. May long weekend is when the gangs from the lower mainland come to Whistler to settle their differences. Every year somebody gets stabbed or shot this weekend.

The RCMP puts up a drinking and driving road check and they always send a bunch back to Vancouver in paddy wagons before they get here. Those are just the ones that are obvious, drunk or high, or a car full of guns and knives and no paperwork and stuff like that. They can't search a car unless they have a reason. So the more discreet gangsters still fill up the town by Friday night.

So Canadians have no right to be secure against unjustified search and seizure like the 4th Amendment in the US? Cops can just stage a checkpoint and search your vehicle under the assumption you have illegal guns or knives? And wtf is an illegal knife? They catch a chef driving home with his knife set and dude does time for a 10" Santoku?

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 11:57 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
Also, as I saw last night, if you punch the cop in the face when he bends down to your window, you're OUT! Saw some good tazer work last night.

Guess you’ll be staying home levers

Nuts - all of it

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
They can't search a car unless they have a reason.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:26 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
leverfingers wrote:

So Canadians have no right to be secure against unjustified search and seizure like the 4th Amendment in the US? Cops can just stage a checkpoint and search your vehicle under the assumption you have illegal guns or knives? And wtf is an illegal knife? They catch a chef driving home with his knife set and dude does time for a 10" Santoku?

its the little differences.
like the right to free expression. unless they are like what trudope said, " people with unacceptable thoughts..." when he was busy vilifying the trucker protest.

but seriously i do not think the law allows unjustified search and seizure unless its in the line of sight? or the threat of a felony is present? im not sure of the word salad, but its unpalatable either way.
but as for the chef, you are 100% right to ask just that, because a cop once stopped me for speeding, and his partner saw a hatchet in my truck from the passenger window, so they searched the car for other "weapons".
the hatchet was a gransfors axe, and i custom carved the handle. its a rad design, and that cocksucker had the audacity to call it a weapon and question my reasons for having it in the car as he eyed all the details in the carving. luckily for me, i saw his real agenda and refused to answer what my intentions were with the hatchet, how long it was in my truck, or any other question until he told me why it was illegal to transport a legal tool in a legal truck. if i was 20 that hatchet woulda been long gone.

so yeah, great country. lovely people, but there are some wrinkles to our freedom that no one has considered ironing out.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
If a gal is walking around a restaurant in a brah, she probably knows a guy or two will look.

If a cop comes to your window and you've still got body count turned up to 11, you could probably anticipate he/she is gonna take a closer look

If you've got a pile of blue ribbon recycling on the floor of the passenger seat, there's probably gonna be some questions

If you have a benign "weapon" sitting around... it just might invite a bit of curiosity

I figure if you wanna lay low... lay low.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Go woke go broke. The wokerati are the fun police. In their blind rage and psychosis, they don’t even realize what they are. Useful idiots to an agenda.

/

At last….I have a house. A base. A paradise of isolation. Death by Air B’N B for ten weeks. Was some shenanigans in the deal to make it happen, but you learn different ways of doing business. Just a learning curve, nothing bad.

Lemme guess...Two chickens, a monkey and two bushels of wheat seal the deal? lol

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 17:35 Quote
Woke bizz... Joke bizz...

Holy crap my work put on a team building event today. Go cart racing. I figured it would be one of the many family fun centers around. Nope. Legit race track 50 mph carts. Bunch of competitive guys. Funnest day in a while. Took 5th out of 30. Not bad for first time. But definitely going to go do that again. Screeching 4 wheel corner drifts, ramming each other off track...shit talking.... Talk about a hoot!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.065536
Mobile Version of Website