Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 22:41 Quote
Yeah I was looking at the xt30 too but from what I was seeing used on ebay the xt30 and xt3 bodies are selling for around the same and since the xt3 is weather sealed I figured that might be the way to go.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 0:48 Quote
A couple from some rare English April sunshine last weekend.

I wanted to amplify that hence the vibrant sky and threw in a bit of grain for that extra feel.

Really hoping to keep shooting more bikes this year as apposed to just cars.

Instagram KC 4130

Instagram KC 4130

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 4:06 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
My trusty A6000 is starting to show its age and is doing some weird things so I've started to look for an upgrade. I think I've narrowed it down to either the Fuji xt3 or A7iii and was wondering if anybody had any input on these or another option. I'm pretty sure I'm leaning towards the xt3 since it seems they are a little cheaper second hand and I like the stupid high 20fps since I think that would work better with the way I shoot. The downside is it's a little bigger, fewer shots per battery, and not full frame but since I've never owned a full-frame I'm not sure that would bother me.

I went to two different shops on 3 different occasions with money to buy an A7III because numbers wise, it seemed the best. Every time I went to get one and played with it first, I hated it. The menus, the controls, the ergos. I would try end make some common changes and found it very not intuitive.

I would then wander over to the Fuji’s and every time, I just loved handling them. Any setting I could come up with I could find without consulting a manual.

Since I shoot for fun, the camera has to be fun. I ended up with an XT-4 instead of an A7 III. Which also make me ask, why are you cross shopping the 7III with the older XT-3? The 4 is the current competitor.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 7:05 Quote
Just for price. I’m looking used only for budget and I’m finding the a7iii and xt3 seem to be more comparable price wise than the xt4.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 7:17 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
Just for price. I’m looking used only for budget and I’m finding the a7iii and xt3 seem to be more comparable price wise than the xt4.

Really? I didn’t realize A7 III had dropped in price that much. They were $1,800 when I was looking which was roughly the same as the XT-4

What glass are you considering? I think it’s important to factor that in when looking at these systems, because they are both distinctly different in that arena.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
They’re still more than the xt3 but I’ve found some more locally that had a low enough price for me to consider them. Honestly I was just planning on starting out with the kit lens for either camera.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 7:32 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
They’re still more than the xt3 but I’ve found some more locally that had a low enough price for me to consider them. Honestly I was just planning on starting out with the kit lens for either camera.

I think Sony has the edge if you like shooting zooms due to the Tamron 2.8 trinity- really hard to argue with those lenses. I have my finger crossed that they release them in X mount some day.

When it comes to primes, Fuji has some killer glass. I am IN LOVE with the 16mm 1.4- that is the most magical piece of glass I have ever laid my hands on.

The 90mm is a tack sharp gem as well, although I am curious to try the new 50mm f1
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 18:52 Quote
Decided to go the Fuji route and get the XF 18-55 and the XC 50-230. Similar lens setup to what I was using for my a6000 minus a 30mm prime. I don't think I'll miss the prime judging what I read on some reviews/forums about the sharpness of the 18-55.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
Decided to go the Fuji route and get the XF 18-55 and the XC 50-230. Similar lens setup to what I was using for my a6000 minus a 30mm prime. I don't think I'll miss the prime judging what I read on some reviews/forums about the sharpness of the 18-55.

All Fuji glass is sharp; they don’t make anything sub par. You’ll love shooting with it after a short adjustment period, I would be shocked if you don’t.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 20:37 Quote
Used my new to me camera a couple times this last week or so and here's what I've come up with. Pretty happy so far. Still, some things I need to get used to for sure though. I find the fuji files are way different to edit in lightroom vs the sony ones which is the biggest change so far.

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 20:57 Quote
Those look great! All our trails are still under snow out here, so we're stuck hitting local spots in the city.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 1:53 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
Used my new to me camera a couple times this last week or so and here's what I've come up with. Pretty happy so far. Still, some things I need to get used to for sure though. I find the fuji files are way different to edit in lightroom vs the sony ones which is the biggest change so far.

photo

Fuji crop sensors & LR are really not a good match- the “worms” issue really is annoying sometimes. LR developed a bandaid fix, but it isn’t conducive to a good workflow.

Capture One is a much cleaner option for Fuji.

Third pic is great, nice and subtle.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
GravityCandy wrote:

Fuji crop sensors & LR are really not a good match- the “worms” issue really is annoying sometimes. LR developed a bandaid fix, but it isn’t conducive to a good workflow.

Capture One is a much cleaner option for Fuji.

Third pic is great, nice and subtle.

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded a 30 trial of Capture one so I'll test it out. I'm finding the jpegs are editing pretty well in LR but the RAWs are a pain. Heres another from the weekend.

photo

I'm really liking the feel of this camera too. Feels more camera-y.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 19:26 Quote
From this side of the screen that's an impressive amount of light and detail for some dark looking forest at those settings Salute

I did the same thing with the 30 day trial Gravity. I'm too much of a hack and couldn't get motivated to learn it. And to help me feel good about not putting in the effort I found a bunch of youtubers like reggie that allowed me to believe the "LR and Fuji are fine together" narrative lol

We spent the winter on Vancouver Island and I really really really struggled with the darkness of forests Frown The low light was bad, and somehow i managed to do even worse when there was some light peaking through the trees making the range of highlights and shadows ridiculous Confused

Honestly felt like my iPhone 7 did better out there than my xt30 Redface

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039277
Mobile Version of Website