Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
Would look so much better if you used Rule of the Thirds Razz

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 21:57 Quote
couldn't really... big restaurant just outside frame on the left, and a big sun that would glare in just to the right. Even still, I like it.

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 22:17 Quote
I'm quite happy with this photo my brother took of me. My camera's pretty crappy so the quality isn't all that great but the photo fit rule of thirds with no cropping and I was surprised to see how high I could boost a 180.
photo

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 8:24 Quote
I agree man, this picture is nicely timed and composed. A reshoot with a nice dslr and flashes would look proper awesome

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
Dirtjumper518 wrote:
I agree man, this picture is nicely timed and composed. A reshoot with a nice dslr and flashes would look proper awesome
Thanks. I'm debating whether to buy a proper DSLR camera this winter or to buy a new frame and forks. This is the camera I currently have. I'm not all that great at photography but I enjoy it and I'd like to get better. We'll see.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 9:43 Quote
Dirtjumper518 wrote:

you guys need to learn that flashes do not make a picture good or not. Improper use of flash is a good way to ruin a shot. Until you really understand light and how to place your flashes, concentrate on composing a decent shot.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
justin99 wrote:
Dirtjumper518 wrote:
Thanks. I'm debating whether to buy a proper DSLR camera this winter or to buy a new frame and forks. This is the camera I currently have. I'm not all that great at photography but I enjoy it and I'd like to get better. We'll see.
If your looking into photography go for a bridge camera.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 9:50 Quote
What's a bridge camera?

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 9:50 Quote
snaple wrote:
justin99 wrote:
Dirtjumper518 wrote:

Ugh why?

They're not good for anything, Too big to act as a point and shoot, Image quality and lack of interchangeable lenses mean it will leave you frustrated as your progress.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 9:56 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
snaple wrote:
justin99 wrote:

Ugh why?

They're not good for anything, Too big to act as a point and shoot, Image quality and lack of interchangeable lenses mean it will leave you frustrated as your progress.
They are as good as DSLR's just non-interchanable lenses. Dont trust anyone on here. Go and buy a camera magazine.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 10:11 Quote
snaple wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
snaple wrote:

Ugh why?

They are as good as DSLR's just non-interchanable lenses. Dont trust anyone on here. Go and buy a camera magazine.

you're just talking out your ass as well. low light capabilities cannot touch a DSLR, nor can cropping or blowing up the image.

that being said, I laugh at all the kids who go out an buy a 1000 dollar DSLR and never take it off AV and never get any additional lenses, completely defeats the purpose.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
snaple wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
snaple wrote:

Ugh why?

Please be quiet. Only good advice you gave is about the magazine.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
I know a few kids who have d700's, haven't taken it off of automatic or sports mode. Learn to compose, expose properly, and then buy new toys.

I've got a low-end 700 dollar DSLR, but at least I know how to use it (for the most part).

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
Hey guys, one quick question. I love taking landscape photos and such, but I often screw it up by forgetting to keep the horizon line level, leading to a pissed off reaction when I get home and find out that my beautiful photo of a lake is slanted. Anybody have any tips/tricks/pointers for making sure everything's level? Alternatively, does anybody know of a way to rotate and crop to allow me to fix that if I can't reshoot? I don't have photoshop and can't afford it.

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
anotherbikerguy wrote:
Hey guys, one quick question. I love taking landscape photos and such, but I often screw it up by forgetting to keep the horizon line level, leading to a pissed off reaction when I get home and find out that my beautiful photo of a lake is slanted. Anybody have any tips/tricks/pointers for making sure everything's level? Alternatively, does anybody know of a way to rotate and crop to allow me to fix that if I can't reshoot? I don't have photoshop and can't afford it.

tripod, or crop and realign in a ediitng program...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.038424
Mobile Version of Website