Norco General Discussion Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Norco General Discussion Group
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 at 8:12 Quote
Hey guys. I need a little help with my Norco Atomik. Its an 05 VPS Atomik and i have a problem with the rear axel. Is there any1 out there that could post a picture of their rear axle and all associated nuts and bolts that attach to it. I think im missing a spacer of some description as when i install the rear wheel the cassett rubs against the frame. Would order a new 1 but i dont know what it is im missing. Thanks Matt
P.S There are a few pic's on my profile in the Odd album

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 13:52 Quote
burge0114 wrote:
Hey guys. I need a little help with my Norco Atomik. Its an 05 VPS Atomik and i have a problem with the rear axel. Is there any1 out there that could post a picture of their rear axle and all associated nuts and bolts that attach to it. I think im missing a spacer of some description as when i install the rear wheel the cassett rubs against the frame. Would order a new 1 but i dont know what it is im missing. Thanks Matt
P.S There are a few pic's on my profile in the Odd album
looks like your missing one of the jam nuts that keeps the bearings in the hub tight.

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 15:28 Quote
ok so i customized my 06 havoc by cutting off all the v-brake and derailleur mounts leaving my disk mounts

before:
photo

after:
photo
photo
photo
its down to 5.02 lb. !!! im deciding on whether to cut off the chunks of aluminum plates (on the headtube junction) or not. im only 95 lb. anyways and it will be used for park only. let me know

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 15:32 Quote
i wouldnt. those plates give it strength and most likely wouldnt be there if they werent needed. cutting them off could cause the frame to fail and possibly put you in the hospital.

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 15:34 Quote
well yea that was my main concern, that it would make it too weak, but i am on the verge of making it sub 5 lb.

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 16:21 Quote
drill holes in them, but don't cut them off. Can also raw the frame to save like 50g

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 23:43 Quote
lafalot wrote:
drill holes in them, but don't cut them off. Can also raw the frame to save like 50g
i was just about to say drill it. look at fire eye frames they drill theirs and it looks better than a solid one. maybe try cut a design into it

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 23:48 Quote
Running different BB/cranks would save a whole lot more than drilling those gussets. Id also hack off a lot of the extra dropout length before drilling that gusset, as you can slam any rear end with just adding in a halflink when needed... Thats a lot more material back there than youll ever get off the front!

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 23:52 Quote
yeah but my point is making it look good, of course it wont do much its just a few small holes, you could save more by getting a lighter chain. but a new chain wont make it looks as good as a nice job machining the head tube gussets

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 20:04 Quote
i am deciding to some how use it on my drill press or carving a design and taking out the dremel, im using the dremel on the drop outs (since their solid) and like hummeroid said, cutting the dropouts shorter

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 22:05 Quote
Just got my new 09 Aline today Big Grin stoked to ride it tomorrow here are some pics
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 22:08 Quote
That's a hot bike. From the first time I saw the 09 A-Line, It's always been one of my favourite bikes.

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 22:15 Quote
woody-dh wrote:
That's a hot bike. From the first time I saw the 09 A-Line, It's always been one of my favourite bikes.

thanks Big Grin im gunna see how it handles tomorrow on the trails, the only problem is it needs a spring rate 2 steps down, 450 to 350

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 22:17 Quote
my brother just picked up one new from the local shop 2 weeks ago. got it at half price.

he may put it on a diet with single crown fork and new shock

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 22:19 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
my brother just picked up one new from the local shop 2 weeks ago. got it at half price.

he may put it on a diet with single crown fork and new shock

yeah i just got this half price too, i thought it was a wicked deal so i grabbed it Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016441
Mobile Version of Website