The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 17:03 Quote
Yes!

to be honest kinny, if you dont want that mini linked I might go for it :p

it would be sweet for you doe!

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 17:07 Quote
So, my Type 2 mech arrived yesterday, how do you adjust the clutch? The instructions included are rubbish. they only explain the cage lock for removing the rear wheel. It's an X9.

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 17:09 Quote
debonis wrote:
So, my Type 2 mech arrived yesterday, how do you adjust the clutch? The instructions included are rubbish. they only explain the cage lock for removing the rear wheel. It's an X9.

Here you go.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 14:44 Quote
Anyone put any miles on an M788 WT wheelset? Just wondering how they'd hold up for mainly trail use (the bike they'd be going on is only 120mm travel, so it'd nothing mad)

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 15:43 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
debonis wrote:

Here you go.

Cheers. I seen that before...but I was hoping for something more "official" though, like something SRAM put out.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 4:46 Quote
Anyone know if a 150mm Pike can be raised to 160mm? There is a £40 difference so if its just a case of taking a spacer out then its worth it.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 5:00 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
Anyone know if a 150mm Pike can be raised to 160mm? There is a £40 difference so if its just a case of taking a spacer out then its worth it.

I had a quick read through the Sram service guide, and to change the tral you just remove "bottomless tokens".

The number of token required for the fork to be 150, and for the fork to be 160mm is both 0. Which suggests it's a different air spring.

Give the guide a read and see what you make of it though, I was pretty brief.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 8:10 Quote
I'm pretty sure bottomless tokens only change the rate at which the air spring ramps up

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
"To change the travel in your Rockshox Pike fork, use the chart below to help determine the necessary air shaft length and recommended number of bottomless tokens for your wheel size. Some shaft lengths are compatible with multiple wheel sizes. The air
shaft will have the wheel size and travel information located near the bottom. This chart is for Solo Air forks only"

I think I need more sleep. I just read the subheading "travel change" and went from there. haha

Sounds like it's a different air shaft.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 8:40 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:

I had a quick read through the Sram service guide, and to change the tral you just remove "bottomless tokens".

The number of token required for the fork to be 150, and for the fork to be 160mm is both 0. Which suggests it's a different air spring.

Yeah too briefly, bottomless tokens are to adjust bottom out rate. Im pretty sure the 160 can be lowered to 150 but dunno about the other way round

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 8:44 Quote
it's more likely to be the dampner side that can't be extended the 10mm, rather than the air spring

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 9:15 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:

Yeah too briefly, bottomless tokens are to adjust bottom out rate. Im pretty sure the 160 can be lowered to 150 but dunno about the other way round

It can be as brief as you want if the conclusion is still correct.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 10:46 Quote
Misinformation on an advice thread is a dangerous thing, and telling someone something that is incorrect because you think you know what your on about because you skimmed over a service guide is even more so.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 13:18 Quote
Is there any reason a 2014 Vivid Air would not work on a 2011 Giant Reign? (everything being the right size and compression/rebound tune)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.040664
Mobile Version of Website