The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 16:45 Quote
Got it all figured. At about 30%ish now. Will bump up the PSI some more to get it to about 25%ish

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 6:50 Quote
Anyone got any feedback on fox rucksacks? Need a hydration pack with enough space to carry a bivvy bag and a few bits and pieces,
Any other suggestions up to around £65 would be appreciated Smile

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 7:04 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
Anyone got any feedback on fox rucksacks? Need a hydration pack with enough space to carry a bivvy bag and a few bits and pieces,
Any other suggestions up to around £65 would be appreciated Smile

Check out the Osprey Line I have been using one of their smaller ones for about a year now and it is nothing short of great. I know they have a larger pack as well. The thing I like about it over Camel back is the lack of gross-ness to the hydration bag and line...I also like the magnetic mouthpiece holder....

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 15:39 Quote
Thanks! Shall look into the Osprey stuff a bit Smile

Another nagging thing, i Just got a dhx5 on here listed as spares/repair as it had 'come apart'

I've taken a pic of how it arrived and all the threads and seals look fine, this is my first fox shock so wasn't 100% if something was missing here, anyone tell me? Is it completely fine?

photo

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 0:26 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
Thanks! Shall look into the Osprey stuff a bit Smile

Another nagging thing, i Just got a dhx5 on here listed as spares/repair as it had 'come apart'

I've taken a pic of how it arrived and all the threads and seals look fine, this is my first fox shock so wasn't 100% if something was missing here, anyone tell me? Is it completely fine?

photo

A spring? Lol

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 6:11 Quote
[Quote="inked-up-metalhead"]You. Leave. Now.[/Quot

I was being sarcastic

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 6:14 Quote
I know there's no spring there Razz I'm getting a ti one soon.

But apart from that it really does all look fine right? I've checked exploded views and nothing seems to be a miss, looks like I found a bargain?

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 7:00 Quote
why is the guy selling it like that? could be f*cked inside and you wouldn't know until you put it together and it started pissing oil

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 7:07 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
why is the guy selling it like that? could be f*cked inside and you wouldn't know until you put it together and it started pissing oil

It was listed spares/repair and cost me £20, it's not a scam lol

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 7:23 Quote
Dude, I already own it, I'm just asking if it looks damaged or incomplete because as far as I can tell it's fine

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 7:29 Quote
I'll go back to sleep, forget I said anything

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 9:04 Quote
Probably an internal problem then, if nothing is missing, either that or the guy got it like that, never put it together and its actually fine, did he say what was wrong?

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 9:05 Quote
He said the plunger had come away from the barrel, so by the look of it he thought it was broken because it became unscrewed...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.068041
Mobile Version of Website