Do you DH for fun or competition?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Do you DH for fun or competition?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 0:19 Quote
Do you guys DH for fame and fortune? Or for the fun of it.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 0:29 Quote
i ride mostly for fun. only raced one race but may just give it another shot this year.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:13 Quote
i do it mainly for fun, but i find competing to be the funnest aspect. I am a very competitive person, finding people who ride fast and can keep up or go faster helps keep me pushing it. Racing is just a venue to build my skill sets and compete against teh best riders I can find.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:21 Quote
I just do it for fun, but I'm entering in a few races next year. Still, I'm not that fast, so even racing will probably end up being just for fun.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:21 Quote
I am all fun but competing is kind of fun too

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:33 Quote
But each time you ride down, do you care how we evolved by making these and i am sadly to say beautiful machines going down a hill in a forest where theres plenty of color.
Or you just don't care about that and just want to get down the hill the fastest.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:46 Quote
i do it for fun, id disappoint myself otherwise lol

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:47 Quote
kind of both, im looking around, but im going fast enough to the point im not sight seeing,im not trying to go the fastest and lowest on jumps, im jumping high and taking it all in, and having the most fun i can

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:51 Quote
I used to be whisky bent and hell bound on my race bikes...I think I will enjoy the ride a bit more once the wrist is all healed. Will probably still crack it wide open from time to time...somewhat of an addiction speed is

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:58 Quote
i do it for the competition, then riding like i'm in a competition/riding in a competition is how i get my daily intake of fun, so pretty much, it needs to be a clean and fast run for me to be having fun, becuase i get into a race state of mind everytime i ride.so i'll be pissed off if i'm having a bad run, and when i'm doing well, i'm having fun,

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:08 Quote
ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt fun

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 23:20 Quote
Do it for fun, but dont take races to serious that way they are the funnest.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 23:31 Quote
i ride for fun but want to get into racing dh once i get a better bike and the seasons overThumbs Down Cry Jail

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 23:39 Quote
Nothing is better than hammering through trees with your buddies. And try to make it down your own trail before the sun gets down right after you get home from work. Racing has two much going on, but I do respect it because I think that riding as fast as you possibly can is real downhill riding. NOT just huckin' your shit off of jumps.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011116
Mobile Version of Website