Wish I was still 40 Jim Smile

Come on Jim, 40´s is the new 20´s(with more money lol) Pimp

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 16:57 Quote
Keskiyo wrote:
minniethemoocher wrote:

Thanks for the inspiration guys! Now I just to convince the ladies I'm only as old as I feel! tup Beer

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 13:47 Quote
SRF44 wrote:
Keskiyo wrote:
minniethemoocher wrote:

Thanks for the inspiration guys! Now I just to convince the ladies I'm only as old as I feel! tup Beer

Jim your only as old as the woman you feel Wink

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 19:18 Quote
My name is Joe, born and raised in San Diego but live in Las Vegas now.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 21:46 Quote
JoeJITSU wrote:
My name is Joe, born and raised in San Diego but live in Las Vegas now.

Sup bro! Another Veganite! Welcome aboard! Beer

Posted: May 11, 2013 at 13:47 Quote
hi my name is wes i am 14 from scotland i try to go out on my specialized big hit as much as possible

Posted: May 14, 2013 at 15:58 Quote
Hey guys, I'm Cameron, born in England live in Scotland now. I build and ride as much as possible but with the weather here spend most my life inside on Pinkbike. I've tried many sports, skateboarding, bmx and boxing to name a few but mountain biking is where my heart lies.

Posted: Jun 16, 2013 at 13:44 Quote
'Evening all, Paul here from Bradford, UK. Massively into music and photography, I love riding but don't get out anywhere near as much as I should. Maybe I'll get my arse into gear by spending a bit of time round here! Big Grin

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 at 3:40 Quote
I'm Justin. Biking is a hobby and music is my life and hopefully my career in the near future. Not an easy goal but it's all I want :-)

Who are you and what are your plans for the future?

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 11:47 Quote
Hi, I'm sonny, from Aptos. Started riding DJ not too long ago, and haven't stopped since!

Posted: Aug 11, 2013 at 3:47 Quote
Hi everyone. Ive registered and tried to settle in too a couple of forums so far but i havent found anywhere where i feel welcome etc. I hope this forum is different! It seems like the most popular anyway.

My names Jack im 25 years old and based in the Bournemouth area of UK. I used to ride BMX Trails/Street/Park up until i was 15 but then i stopped riding because of injuries and general loss of interest.. I am a kitesurfer/Kitelandboarder foremost but the wind doesnt always blow so its a very intermittent hobby.

In early spring 2013 one of my kiter friends invited me out for a ride as there hadnt been wind for a while so i borrowed my dads Cross country bike, my friend took me to watchmoor bike park in Verwood, before then i never even knew that bike parks existed! I was intrigued.. I really enjoyed it and i practiced on the table top section, the difference in jumping between a bmx and this cross country bike was immense but i could feel i still had the bug and the instinct for riding! After that i was hooked again, i bought another seatpost for my dads bike and chopped it down and kept riding watchmoor, rekindling my romance with a Bicycle.. Obviously i couldnt ride my dads bike forever so i had to buy my own! Now i know nothing about MTBs and a very tight budget so i just went for a brand that i know made good mountain bikes "specialized" and i went for the oldest model i could find.. I wanted something for dirt jumps and a bit of DH riding and even park stuff.. I ended up buying a Specialized p1 from 2006 for 122 pound on ebay! Its still going today! I advise against buying second hand bikes off ebay though, this bike has been nothing but a pain in the bum to maintain, previous owner obviously didnt look after it, seatpost rusted in, brakes badly adjusted, bolts rusted in, discs bent up, wheels off alignment, crank arms pedal insertion rounded off etc etc etc lol.. Anyway i love the bike when i have it working properly!

I ride mostly at Watchmoor bikepark, Potterne skatepark, Potterne adjacecent dirtjumps, Lymington as they are my nearest trails and jumps, other than that every 2 weeks i hit UKBIKEPARK on a Saturday, i love that place! and i always meet cool people there, never see them again though lol.. I have been to Puddle town, didnt rate that..Also have been to Afan forest, the wall and whites level etc (on a singlespeed jump bike with a seat rusted in at its lowest point) I did enjoy the decent though! and the bikepark up there.. Im always looking to ride new places!

Im here to make new friends and learn and stuff. Im a crap mechanic and i know nothing about MTBs really so i want to learn maintainence stuff, need advice on getting right parts etc when things go wrong. Im sick of bikeshops trying to swindle me out of money that i dont have, it depresses me and i get angry at my bike lol..Prime example is this! I have been riding my bike as it came when i bought it, just fixing things up when they go wrong so i just got to the stage where i couldnt cope with the odd plastic pedal and random other worn down metal one anymore, i realised this after a wet session at UKBP! Anyway i bought some new pedals and went to fit them, the old pedals were so tight that i gave up with one and the other one came out but the crank arm hole that the pedal screws into was rounded off. I went to the bike shop to see if they could advise me and they told me i need a whole new crankset from their little booklet behind the counter, the price quoted was 90 odd quid. At this point i walked out, i refuse to buy a whole new crank just because one arm hole was rounded off, id superglue the pedal in if i had to lol.. i went on ebay and looked for an exact replacement for my Crankarms ONLY and boom, 18 quid job done.. And servicing seems to cost a bomb! i was in Halfords as i couldnt get my brakes adjusted as perfectly as i wanted them, i let the guy in halfords try it in front of me, he gave up after 2 minutes then tried charging me 10 pounds for labour!! I walked out again.

Ile stop rambling anyway, i hope to settle in here.

Jack

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 5:16 Quote
Hello Everyone,

Glenn is my name, Living in the Republic Of Ireland,Im 26 and I ride a Commencal Meta 6 which I only recently got from a user on here, Im new to biking but so far I love it and im really trying to bring my fitness up to an acceptable standard as its hopeless at the moment, Im a supervisior for a security company have been for the last few years, my other main Hobbie is off roading in my Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4, so its no shock to hear that I ride XC with some DH thrown in every now and then , the Commencal makes me look better than I am though lol,
photo
My two off road weapons

Posted: Sep 11, 2013 at 8:10 Quote
Hi

I'm Chris, I'm 27 and currently live in Aviemore Scotland.
I ride an Orange Five and run a small eco friendly mountain sports business catering for people and guiding them.

Always learning more and have found Pinkbike and these forums really helpful!

Chris

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 16:39 Quote
Hi folks,

I'm Iulian, 25 years old, from Romania, Bucharest. Moved to the Czech Republic to work and ride.

I will run on anything that has two wheels, albeit motorcycle or bike. Though i am no expert on technical riding, i do love to get my hands dirty and my shoulders bruised while riding a long, fast singletrack, and not only. Have owned a few good bicycles and motorbikes in the past and it's an obsession to stick with me until i'm six feet under.

Biggest passions so far are two wheels, sensimilla, beer and music (both newer american style metal and electronic music ranging from good old '95 dubstep to neurofunk, breakcore and ambiental)

I currently own a Mongoose Capture 2013 and a Dartmoor Phantom 2013, both custom.

If you're from Brno and you're reading this we could get in touch for some future rides.

Cheers !

Posted: Oct 9, 2013 at 4:57 Quote
Alright All?

I'm JD, from Cardiff, Wales, UK.

I ride bikes (which is why I'm on here), surf some, ride mountain boards and other such stuff. I'm the head honcho at Sacred Apparel, a small clothing company with an action sports influence.

I maily ride natural trails, often around the Cardiff/ Caerphilly area, with some trips to the Welsh Trail Centres.

No set style, just enjoy riding bikes with the Sacred Tribe.

Check out my profile and add me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017138
Mobile Version of Website