Powered by Outside

2010 glory update (reborn)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2010 glory update (reborn)
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
Well after the devastation of the end of the old thread I really would like to keep the discussion going just inline this time round.

#MODS veet-88, maestroforlife #MODS

#BANS#BANS

#USERS all #USERS

Ryan

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 3:39 Quote
I know eh very disapointed oh well another failed thread attempt I guess.

Ryan

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 16:22 Quote
Well this would be better if it would stay on topic unlike the other one. Anyone else ordered a 2010 Glory? Mine should be here within the next couple weeks

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 16:30 Quote
I was contemplating the new frame but I decided to just give my glory a make over and pin it for another season maybe 2. You buy it as a complete or frame?

Ryan

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 16:36 Quote
Well I just ordered a complete Glory 0 cause I work at a shop so its cheaper that way, even though im going to be changing a bunch of parts. With the price I got on the complete with that parts spec, it would have cost me just as much to buy the Frame, fork and wheels seperately. I can post a proposed speclist if anyone is interested.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 16:54 Quote
Alright, sounds good. This bike wont end up being as high end as my last one, because I also just got my license and im investing a bunch of money into a car, plus im building this bike more with durability and something thats super easy to fix if anything breaks, because im going to be spending 8 weeks teaching a camp in bromont next summer riding everyday. Bromont gives your bike a shit kicking so i want something i can thrash all day everyday, not necessarily light, and the only shop in a close proximity to Bromont and the camp is the shop at bromont which is expensive, and getting my shop to send me parts at discount price will take time.

But anyways here is the spec:

Frame: 2010 Glory (Large)
Shock: Fox DHX RC4 or maybe an Elka Stage 5, possibly with Ti spring in future
Fork: Fox 40 RC2
Brakes: Avid Code(white)F:8", R:7" with Blue goodridge lines, and blue straitline levers.
Shifter: Sram X.9 or X.0 with blue Jag housing
Derailleur: Sram X.9(Bromont ate my X.0 derailleur for lunch in a week, wanna stick with cheap to replace)
Bar: Sunline V-one 19mm rise
Stem: Straitline DM Ultra 28mm reach blue
Grips: Ruffian with blue clamps
Cranks: Shimano Saint, with 38T saint ring
Chainguide: MRP G2 with blue taco bash
Pedals: Straitline in blue
Cassette: Saint 11-28T(stock) may change eventually to ultegra or dura ace
Chain: KMC X9 Sl Ti-N
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Seat: Fizik Tundra, custom blue bottom for giant
Seat clamp: Blue hope, or Twenty6 if released
Hubs: Hadley in gold, front and rear.
Rims: Custom blue Mavic 721's
Spokes: DT Champion straight gauge
Tires: F: Minion DHF 3C
R: High Roller or Minion DHF

Im open to other options, let me know what you think!

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
solid. nough said haha clean light and reliable.

Ryan

Mod
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 17:42 Quote
I'm tempted to buy a complete and part everything out except for the frame/shock, fork and possibly keep the Saint cranks and then build one up. I think this makes the most sense as a 40 in the aftermarket is $2000 and the frame/shock is about $2500. I also think I can get over $1000 for all the stock parts that I'd be selling so I'd "breakeven" or make a bit more. I'd expect $1500-$2000 for all the other parts that I'd be taking off.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
I instantly fell in love when I saw the 2010 Glory. I'd swap my 3 bikes for it any day.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 21:52 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
Well I just ordered a complete Glory 0 cause I work at a shop so its cheaper that way, even though im going to be changing a bunch of parts. With the price I got on the complete with that parts spec, it would have cost me just as much to buy the Frame, fork and wheels seperately. I can post a proposed speclist if anyone is interested.
How much you pay for a full build from your bike shop?

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
Im not allowed to say, but Giant takes good care of me is all I will say.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
that's what i hear. i need to get a job at a bike shop. i love giant bike but 1600 for just the new faith frame is gonna kill me.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.070065
Mobile Version of Website