2010 Glory 00 Build Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2010 Glory 00 Build Thread
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 11:25 Quote
Ya I think I'd prefer more than 35% rather than less. I'll put on my dh gear and measure it again later today though.

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 15:14 Quote
Some people have been asking me how the cable routing "stays on the tube", well here it is...

photo

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 15:22 Quote
Sorry if this is really obvious question but I haven't looked at the maestro link with this in mind. Did you have to disconnect your brake and shifter cables to get it through there?

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 15:24 Quote
I fed the housing through while unconnected to the shifter or mech. In order to do the brake line, I just pulled the lower pivot bolt out (lower shock eyelet bolt (same thing))

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 15:57 Quote
Mitch I'm wondering if you shouldn't have given your setup a bit more slack so as to not screw anything up. Kurt Sorge seems to be running the faith in the exact same fashion but has quite a bit more cable and hydraulic line hanging down there (although I'm guessing someone of your knowledge would have already checked clearance and such).

Edit nevermind me I'm a blind fool.

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 19:22 Quote
nofree69 wrote:
Woodsy1975 wrote:
I just checked my head angle last night and it came out to 64Deg, I have the upper crown on the 40 with no spacers below and stantions dropped 3/4"

I checked it with my digital degree finder in a verified level surface.

whats your measurement from fork seal to lower crown? Whats your current bb height and what tires are you running?

8 1/2" on the seal to crown and 14 1/4" BB 2.5 maxxis minnions

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 22:15 Quote
not sure how you're getting 64.. are you measuring correctly?

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 23:31 Quote
First picture of "The Glory"

I think the Headset is really heavy Confused

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 0:57 Quote
mitcht wrote:
I figured out a better cable routing option for the 2010 Glory....

You can be creative with how to mount both Brake and Der cable to the top of the down tube, some stick on cable guides work just fine (come with a lot of forks). The trick to route both cables on the non-drive side of the Maestro link as there is more space here and allows for normal movement without damaging both cables. There isn't enough room on the drive side. Check photos to make more sense of it all...

photo
photo
photo
photo

There you have it, now shuttling won't hinder your shifting or braking!

ok mitch i had really good look at this and im finding a falt. wont your cables be squashed where the bottom linkage is? ive notice that you routed it in between the linkage and the bottom bracket...

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 1:34 Quote
That would be correct if the linkage contacted with the bottom bracket. With the shock in there the link does not rest on the bottom bracket I gaurentee the is sufficient space there.

Ryan

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 9:57 Quote
Interesting news, Danny Hart and Duncan Riffle on board the Glory for the 2010 WC season!

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 10:04 Quote
I heard this too... That's big news!

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 10:06 Quote
Big news yes, good news meh...

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 10:09 Quote
ahhh so my sources were correct Ninja
danny is on giant

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 10:28 Quote
phillywa wrote:
mitcht wrote:
I figured out a better cable routing option for the 2010 Glory....

You can be creative with how to mount both Brake and Der cable to the top of the down tube, some stick on cable guides work just fine (come with a lot of forks). The trick to route both cables on the non-drive side of the Maestro link as there is more space here and allows for normal movement without damaging both cables. There isn't enough room on the drive side. Check photos to make more sense of it all...

photo
photo
photo
photo

There you have it, now shuttling won't hinder your shifting or braking!

ok mitch i had really good look at this and im finding a falt. wont your cables be squashed where the bottom linkage is? ive notice that you routed it in between the linkage and the bottom bracket...

The link doesn't actually touch the BB shell, there is enough room... If you really wanted to be sure, you could run the cable beside the link as well, rather than underneath it.

Cheers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021382
Mobile Version of Website