show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 10:32 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
seraph wrote:
So I'm thinking of replacing my Spark with another SC. Torn between the 5010, Bronson, and Tallboy.

On one hand, the idea of the 5010 as a lightweight, maneuverable trailbike is very appealing. Would probably aim for about 24-25 lbs complete.

The Bronson would basically be an alternative to the Scott Genius as an option. I like the numbers on the Bronson's geometry more than the Genius. I'll have to demo one first before I can get an idea of how it rides though.

The Tallboy is a bit of a wildcard right now. I like 29" wheels a lot but I feel like 27.5" is a bit more playful and will feel more like a slopestyle/play bike, like my old Ticket S.

Open to opinions/thoughts.

They are all good bikes. 2 of my friends ride tallboys and they destroy black diamonds. I like more suspension so i like the Bronson. Santa Cruz demos happen so often, check their website

Why not a Hightower Lt over the tall boy?

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 10:41 Quote
dchill wrote:
alexdesignz wrote:
seraph wrote:
So I'm thinking of replacing my Spark with another SC. Torn between the 5010, Bronson, and Tallboy.

On one hand, the idea of the 5010 as a lightweight, maneuverable trailbike is very appealing. Would probably aim for about 24-25 lbs complete.

The Bronson would basically be an alternative to the Scott Genius as an option. I like the numbers on the Bronson's geometry more than the Genius. I'll have to demo one first before I can get an idea of how it rides though.

The Tallboy is a bit of a wildcard right now. I like 29" wheels a lot but I feel like 27.5" is a bit more playful and will feel more like a slopestyle/play bike, like my old Ticket S.

They are all good bikes. 2 of my friends ride tallboys and they destroy black diamonds. I like more suspension so i like the Bronson. Santa Cruz demos happen so often, check their website

I don't think I need that much travel with 29" wheels.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 10:55 Quote
seraph wrote:
dchill wrote:
alexdesignz wrote:

Didn’t you have a Hightower?

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 10:56 Quote
dchill wrote:
seraph wrote:
dchill wrote:

I did.

Edit: projected weight for a 5010 project would be about 24 lbs, assuming regular cable housing.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 12:44 Quote
seraph wrote:
dchill wrote:
seraph wrote:

I did.

Edit: projected weight for a 5010 project would be about 24 lbs, assuming regular cable housing.

My local Sc dealer owner had a 5010 and traded last year for a tallboy... Rode with him recently and he loves it... I ride a hightower, but I would consider the tallboy now, with a build of that weight. Just seen the new intense sniper trail and that may also be a consideration as a next bike, as long, slack, 120mm back and front with a 25ish pound build... I think your right, that with 29er wheels you need less travel... Mix that with the new geometry and you have a super fast bike, that will climb great and still take most decents.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 12:57 Quote
I have heard rumblings from SC's direction about something coming down the pipeline though, so I might wait until this summer before I decide.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 14:26 Quote
seraph wrote:

You should get a trek ticket s and put a dropper on it.

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 14:51 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
seraph wrote:

You should get a trek ticket s and put a dropper on it.

I don't think that would work for my 5'11" frame.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 11:30 Quote
seraph wrote:

5010 with 140 front fork and dpx2 would be a sick playful do most bike

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 11:57 Quote
seraph wrote:
I have heard rumblings from SC's direction about something coming down the pipeline though, so I might wait until this summer before I decide.

Theyre probably going to update bronson/5010.

Talked to a guy with a Tallboy+ yesterday, he seemed pretty happy with it, and it held its own with his friends on nomads at UC, good frame option with a 140mm fork and keep your current wheels for 2 setups.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 12:00 Quote
seraph wrote:

27.5? Playful bikd? I am listening....

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 12:36 Quote

First day of uplifts on the new Nomad... Definitely going to take another few spins to feel comfortable on it... Much more stable than the patrol, just need to get used to the higher seattube Big Grin

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 12:41 Quote
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:

5010 replacement/update. Metric shock sizing is the only thing I know about it so far. Also same travel.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 13:26 Quote
seraph wrote:
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:

5010 replacement/update. Metric shock sizing is the only thing I know about it so far. Also same travel.

Glad I JUST bought my 5010 a few weeks ago..haha

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 13:46 Quote
louevilcyclist wrote:
seraph wrote:
christiaan wrote:

Glad I JUST bought my 5010 a few weeks ago..haha

I feel like the current 5010 is still relevant. I don't see how they could change it to make it better, really.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017089
Mobile Version of Website