show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 22:14 Quote
I have PIKEs too on my SJ, 150mm travel w/51mm offset. I was so impressed with these. Totally ready to buy another fork and was advised--hey try these out on some rides first you'll probably keep them on there.

Very responsive and s00pa' easy to adjust comp/rebound and get it right. It's the set-it-n-forget-it fork. 35mm stanchions, and they're very tough, even when I put them through rougher terrain I don't ever feel the least bit instability. they don't seem to "disagree" with any changes in PSI for differing sag I try out in there either. I see these on very different style bikes and geo w/different HT angles, still really comfortable ride

~JSV

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 5:35 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
I have PIKEs too on my SJ, 150mm travel w/51mm offset. I was so impressed with these. Totally ready to buy another fork and was advised--hey try these out on some rides first you'll probably keep them on there.

Very responsive and s00pa' easy to adjust comp/rebound and get it right. It's the set-it-n-forget-it fork. 35mm stanchions, and they're very tough, even when I put them through rougher terrain I don't ever feel the least bit instability. they don't seem to "disagree" with any changes in PSI for differing sag I try out in there either. I see these on very different style bikes and geo w/different HT angles, still really comfortable ride

~JSV

Couldn’t agree more. They are very close to a do it all fork.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 14:39 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
photo

You nasty son!

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
photo

Just measure the layers of dirt, and you'll know how much fun you had...

~JSV

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 13:23 Quote
man I miss having a gloss frame. LOL

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 14:49 Quote
Tell me, gmoss, do you think they're easier to clean too?

~JSV

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 18:03 Quote
I wish it wasn’t gloss .

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

~JSV

Yes. Matte is "porous" compared to gloss. It holds a dirt or grease stain way worse, especially a light color like the light blue of my frame. Gloss is just wipe down.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 19:21 Quote
gmoss wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

~JSV

Yes. Matte is "porous" compared to gloss. It holds a dirt or grease stain way worse, especially a light color like the light blue of my frame. Gloss is just wipe down.
Yeah I see it, that makes sense. It DOES take a little extra effort to get marks and stains off of my SJ w/that matte finish. It's funny though the matte finishes have been so popular on so many bikes the last couple/few years.

~JSV

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 21:37 Quote
gloss does clean easier, although I don't do more than a quick wipe down after each ride for the most part.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 9:09 Quote
gmoss wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

~JSV

You think blue is bad, try dark gray, holy cow does that show any little mark or even the oil from your skin

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 10:29 Quote
That may be, I agree, but I have a whole different problem. My SJ has this iNN-y0-FacE-sEE-iT-frUM-sPacE obnoxious radioactive must wear welding-goggles to view it red-orange UV chernobyl paintjob that takes batteries.
Photographs don't do it justice. You really have to see it in person to appreciate how beautifully annoying it is. This will rearrange the rods-n-cones of your retinas.

Anything black like grease, or dirt, mud, everything shows up, which means I really do have to keep it clean so it doesn't look like sh*t or like I'm neglecting it.

The worst part is... I actually WANTED this color...

~JSV

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
natas2125 wrote:
gloss does clean easier, although I don't do more than a quick wipe down after each ride for the most part.

cuz that's all it requires. hahahaha

My favorite color with the clay orange on my 18 TB. matched our dirt and was easy to keep decent looking. Having the wrap helps, but just cannot get all the dirt cleaned from the edges, which shows on the very light blue.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 12:40 Quote
gmoss wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

~JSV

My 2016 Bronson with raw carbon matte black was bulletproof and super easy to clean. Dirt barely showed anyway. Whatever SC did, it was the best, most durable finish I have ever seen on a bike. My friends, with all kinds of brands including other SC, would marvel at how good it looked after 5+ years.

My new Hightower is the smoke gray in matte and I did the matte ridewrap. It's fairly easy to clean but there's always the ridewrap related issues (edges where the pieces meet, damaged areas that collect dust). I still prefer the look of matte. Of course, I am an old, fat, boring guy...so there's that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022152
Mobile Version of Website