show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Nov 22, 2023 at 6:32 Quote
fredro wrote:
Ideally, all black would be awesome. But I'm using the parts from my MT2, so there will be some conflicting colors for sure...Facepalm

Nice ! I understand, you can't have perfectly good parts just laying around. lol

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2023 at 7:47 Quote
fredro wrote:
Ideally, all black would be awesome. But I'm using the parts from my MT2, so there will be some conflicting colors for sure...Facepalm

photo

I'm looking forward to see this finished.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2023 at 8:37 Quote
+1 Gona be sick Fredro

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 20:36 Quote
Finished building up my 5010 - so far very stoked!
Have been mulling over parts for the past few months, took advantage of some great black friday deals.
Settled on a fairly burly build. Shock is likely the most under-gunned part of the build so we will see what happens.
Sitting at about 33lbs - very livable! Flow trail killer.
My Nomad is a 39lb tank so the energy the 5010 is bringing is a breath of fresh air Big Grin

2023 Santa Cruz 5010c - L - custom build.
A pick of the two after a wash Beer
photo

Posted: Dec 5, 2023 at 6:46 Quote
Nice build! I found the stock Fox shock on my 5010 to easily become overwhelmed and spike on gnarly stuff at higher speeds. Was worth upgrading to a super deluxe ultimate - just got a megneg to hopefully improve it further as well (bit lighter off the top and more mid stroke support should be beneficial).

Posted: Dec 5, 2023 at 18:48 Quote
Why can’t I add a pic on a mobile device?

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 10:56 Quote
devin-m wrote:
Have been mulling over parts for the past few months, took advantage of some great black friday deals.
Settled on a fairly burly build. Shock is likely the most under-gunned part of the build so we will see what happens.
My Nomad is a 39lb tank so the energy the 5010 is bringing is a breath of fresh air Big Grin
photo
Hey fellow North Van local, haha. Nice build (and nice pair - having a big bike and a little bike is a lot of fun). You'll unlock a ton more performance with a slightly nicer rear shock on that 5010 though. The DPS isn't the best performer. You should take a look at a Super Deluxe or similar.

Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 13:06 Quote
Megneg deluxe changed my 5010.

Also doing a DHX + Zeb on the 5010 over the winter for shits and gigs.

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 16:41 Quote
Here's my newly built Nomad. 2023 GX AXS coil spec, mostly stock except:
Wheels - Race Face Turbine
Brakes - Code RSC Rainbow
Drivetrain - Sram GX Transmission
Grips - OneUp Thick
Seatpost - SDG Tellis. Waiting for something better to come along.

photo

Yes there's a lot of steerer above my stem, I'm currently experimenting with where I want it.

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 17:02 Quote
notthatfast wrote:
devin-m wrote:
photo
Hey fellow North Van local, haha. Nice build (and nice pair - having a big bike and a little bike is a lot of fun). You'll unlock a ton more performance with a slightly nicer rear shock on that 5010 though. The DPS isn't the best performer. You should take a look at a Super Deluxe or similar.

Thanks man! I agree with you on the shock, likely it will turn into a super deluxe ultimate.
That said, solid performance for the simplicity! Going to toss in a larger volume spacer for now and sort something else out next year.

Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 17:17 Quote
notthatfast wrote:
Grips - OneUp Thick

photo

Yes there's a lot of steerer above my stem, I'm currently experimenting with where I want it.

What's wrong with the Tellis? I have em on all my bikes and they've been nothing but flawless and dependable.

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 17:28 Quote
pinkbert wrote:
notthatfast wrote:
Grips - OneUp Thick

photo

What's wrong with the Tellis? I have em on all my bikes and they've been nothing but flawless and dependable.
Nothing much, I just want a liiiittle bit more drop.

Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 22:39 Quote
My big tallboy with coil shock Big Grin
great small bike !

Tallboy v4 large coil

Tallboy v4 large coil

Posted: Dec 9, 2023 at 0:57 Quote
notthatfast wrote:
Grips - OneUp Thick

photo

How's the GX Transmission on your bike? I have an L Nomad and I couldn't make it work no matter what I tried (it skips the 3rd gear). Is it setup using key B, with a 118 links chain?

O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2023 at 8:51 Quote
pufalot wrote:
notthatfast wrote:
Grips - OneUp Thick

photo

How's the GX Transmission on your bike? I have an L Nomad and I couldn't make it work no matter what I tried (it skips the 3rd gear). Is it setup using key B, with a 118 links chain?
I think it’s 116 links (30t chainring). Shifts perfectly

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.053110
Mobile Version of Website