Big Bang theory vs. Christianity - Read first page.

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Big Bang theory vs. Christianity - Read first page.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 0:05 Quote
Well, there's been alot of conflict between Christians(wooo!!!Yeah!!!!:P) and non-christians about this photo here:
photo

What do you know about science and God??

#USERS all #USERS
#MODS Blk-Mrkt, joram-adams #MODS..

Thread rules:
No flaming
No disrespect to other peoples beliefs
No swearing
Anyone can post unless otherwise

Some people will be banned if they break the rules.

#BANS onetwothree #BANS

MOD EDIT - Breach of these rules may also result in suspension of PinkBike account. Enjoy the discussion and be respectful. Salute

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 0:21 Quote
This is just a waste of time. This will only cause conflict. No one will be converted to Christianity, no one will doubt their faith. If I was you, I'd give up on this idea and just start a group about peanut butter or something else awesome.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 0:30 Quote
corsair711 wrote:
This is just a waste of time. This will only cause conflict. No one will be converted to Christianity, no one will doubt their faith. If I was you, I'd give up on this idea and just start a group about peanut butter or something else awesome.
The aim of this thread was so that all you guys hating on christians can discus your beliefs with us and mabye we can answer some of your questions and mabye you can answer some of ours instead of clogging up a photo full of comments. enjoySmile

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 0:38 Quote
alright guys not a bad idea, i have a question, do you not believe in evolution?

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 0:50 Quote
the-k-man wrote:
alright guys not a bad idea, i have a question, do you not believe in evolution?
Yes, my reason why is because if monkeys evolved into men, why is it then that they aren't still evolving today or any other animals?

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 1:22 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
the-k-man wrote:
Yes, my reason why is because if monkeys evolved into men, why is it then that they aren't still evolving today or any other animals?
they probably are, it took millions of years for us to evolve from monkeys so your not going to notice much in a week, month or year Smile

O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 1:35 Quote
All religions are made up concepts to comfort people in death, but in the mean time during your natural life you are wasting time following certain rules that are in place just to make a attempt to make the world a better place. Compare all the religions in the world 90% of them are so similar its like they are just differed enough to be re labeled without breaking a "patent". I don't know about the rest of you but I am quite settled with rotting in a hole in the ground it's just the way it is. Your "spirit" does not rise up to the heavens to live happily ever after or go to hell to suffer for eternity. Another thing if these gods are so all mighty and powerful why do they keep on needing constant funding etc...I'm not gunna go to far into it seeing as I am very vvveerrryyy close to treading the line of flaming, but this thread was created to express our views/beliefs so that is only what I am doing here. If this is what you need to believe in by all means go right ahead my whole family is christian and I could care less I do not practice in anyway but I do not hate them for choosing to believe it's a choice much a part of being human. Now to really point out a savage flaw here which I feel is the biggest downside to any religion is the conflict in which pops up between all the beliefs. Take most wars for example they are all started over 1 of 2 things religion or power. I bet the best example would be world war 2, due to hitlers beliefs he singled out jewish people and slaughtered them due to their beliefs. Now to finish this you may all go one believing what you wish I in no way have any desire to convert or hate on any ones beliefs do what makes ya happy that is how I choose to live. And if believing after you die you keep on living makes ya happy good on ya but my final statement on this subject to put it bluntly and my favorite way to state it. Religion is bull sh!t and the world would be far better off without it.

Ryan

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 1:37 Quote
i kind of believe in spirits as in ghosts, got a weird story that happened.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 1:39 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
the-k-man wrote:

if you knew anything about evolution you would realize we didn't come from monkeys or apes. we came from a common ancestor. evolution is like a tree. it keeps branching out and thats how new species are formed. for humans and apes it started millions of years ago. so we aren't the "children" of apes, we are more or less their cousins.

everything is still evolving. Evolution really has only been around since 1869 when Darwin published his book, "On the Origins of Species by Means of Natural Selection and the Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life". there was scientists who had evolution theories but nobody dare say anything because that would mean the bible is a lie, and saying that is a big no no. so evolution has only really seriously been around for a little over 150 years. evolution takes millions of years, the change over our lifetime is so small its unnoticeable. if you tracked a species over say, 1000 years, you would definitely see change.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 3:01 Quote
joram-adams wrote:
the-k-man wrote:

But if you don't believe in evolution then that means you don't believe in, natural selection, competitive advantage, genes, DNA, that genes are passed on to offspring etc. I don't understand how you can dismiss this when the scientific evidence is so strong.

I don't believe in any religions, that doesn't mean I disrespect those that do, I'm not hating on anyone, people are free to believe in anything they want. I also think there would be alot less conflict in the world if there were no religions, they seem to be the cause of alot of conflict and wars.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
odin333 wrote:
joram-adams wrote:
the-k-man wrote:

if you knew anything about evolution you would realize we didn't come from monkeys or apes. we came from a common ancestor. evolution is like a tree. it keeps branching out and thats how new species are formed. for humans and apes it started millions of years ago. so we aren't the "children" of apes, we are more or less their cousins.

everything is still evolving. Evolution really has only been around since 1869 when Darwin published his book, "On the Origins of Species by Means of Natural Selection and the Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life". there was scientists who had evolution theories but nobody dare say anything because that would mean the bible is a lie, and saying that is a big no no. so evolution has only really seriously been around for a little over 150 years. evolution takes millions of years, the change over our lifetime is so small its unnoticeable. if you tracked a species over say, 1000 years, you would definitely see change.

Ok man one, common ancestor between apes and humans means we came from apes like really.
Secondly: I totally believe in Evolution, I'm doing AP Bio right now and we just finished the Evolution unit and in all honesty it just makes sense. but to play Devil's advocate here for a minute creationism is actually believed by some of the greatest Physicists of all time. They claim that once you dive into the bigger pictures and ask why things happened be it in a physics sense or biological it seems extremely unlikely that things happened like they did without some help.

Bu anyways evolution and creationism are both things we can't prove since as we go back in time to the point where archaic and bacteria became living cells , we weren't there so we can't prove/recreate it so as much as I like to say it's the Law of Evolution it never will be since it's not repeatable.

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 10:14 Quote
towers08 wrote:
i kind of believe in spirits as in ghosts, got a weird story that happened.
What happened?

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
Trailboss-Dan wrote:
joram-adams wrote:
the-k-man wrote:

But if you don't believe in evolution then that means you don't believe in, natural selection, competitive advantage, genes, DNA, that genes are passed on to offspring etc. I don't understand how you can dismiss this when the scientific evidence is so strong.

I don't believe in any religions, that doesn't mean I disrespect those that do, I'm not hating on anyone, people are free to believe in anything they want. I also think there would be alot less conflict in the world if there were no religions, they seem to be the cause of alot of conflict and wars.

where is the evidence on evolution? just asking. is it from fossils and the crap archeologists find in dirt? im a christian myself but dont really care about other religions. as long as we're not fighting like other religions, im fine. i just get annoyed of jehovah 's witnesses. theyre annoying and theyre not doing any good to spread the word!

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
there is tons of scientifically proven evidence that evolution is true. just go put "proof of evolution" into Google or Youtube. whats the proof that God exists?

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 10:39 Quote
odin333 wrote:
there is tons of scientifically proven evidence that evolution is true. just go put "proof of evolution" into Google or Youtube. whats the proof that God exists?

i've watched enough about how we evolved and how the earth was made. i still dont think we came from apes. as for God, there's the Bible, 10 commandments, and parts from the cross from that i know of. theres prolly more, but i dont know. oh yeah religion is about believing. everything cant be proven and will not be. its just the way religion, and life works.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011430
Mobile Version of Website