easton havoc am spokes in UK?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
easton havoc am spokes in UK?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 4:56 Quote
hi

ive broken a couple of spokes in my easton havoc am rear wheel and im really struggling to find any replacements, ive contacted easton, who said contact crc and wiggle and none of them have any! they are straigh pull spokes and are double threaded (ie threaded at both ends). has anyone had this problem before, how did you fix it? anyone know where i can get hold of some or get some cut. could do with actual places rather than specualtion as well.

thanks

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 9:58 Quote
I was looking at those wheels on merlin cycles earlier today,they have a good rep for wheelbuilding there,you could try them.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
cheers, appreciate that, il give them a try

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
Ugh, support your LBS.

The reason Easton made the spokes threaded at each end was so that you could (in theory) walk into your LBS and they'd measure up the spoke, grab a long spoke and cut it to length and then put a thread onto the other end.

Then your LBS could simply thread that spoke in without having to order anything in, no waiting on distributors, no relying on stock levels and no waiting for the part in the post.

Anyway, it'd be worth dropping a call to your LBS first, to check whether they have a spoke threading tool and are capable of cutting down a spoke.

And if not, Easton's UK distributor is Extra UK. Whom again you will have to deal with Via your LBS.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007516
Mobile Version of Website