YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 10:30 Quote
jimferno wrote:
WARNING: WALL OF TEXT.

I've only ridden some relatively tame local trails but here's a few early thoughts..

I'm 178cm, on a Large frame, have left the bars at 780mm wide(I usually cut them to 760mm) and have been running the bike in the longest wheelbase settings.

Compared to the Demo I'd describe the bike as very stable & neutral feeling. The weight of the bike feels evenly distributed whereas my Demo was a bit back end heavy. As it is the bike is a tad undersprung on the rear so I was finding it hard to get it to pop off lips & get it airborne.

I haven't ridden any other modern Marzocchi forks but the closest I can compare the feeling of the 380 is to that of my old Shiver. The fork tracks the ground incredibly, even with the hard spring, it's unbelievable just how good this fork reacts to small bumps. You will initially think it's too soft but when you start dropping and hitting some decent sized rocks the fork ramps up towards the end of it's travel yet feels really controlled, preventing harsh bottom outs. It's sublime coming from a Boxxer WC which was admittedly in need of a service.

The rear shock has similar traits to the fork but the low leverage ratio means that the bike doesn't feel quite as sensitive in the rear as compared to the Demo. The dead feeling in the rear might come from the soft spring though.

The X0 trail brakes have bedded in nicely and seem to have bags of power, not on the level of my Formulas but they have a less grabby feel to them.

Will know more about the bike after this coming weekend. Smile

Thank you for the info shared.So do you recommend 100%?Of course the LE cant be bought any longer but thinking about the PRO.If you could measure with a ruler the TT would be great.From the center of HT to the center of Seat tube.Thanks

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 4:46 Quote
Finally a photo of the green tues.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fstatic2.mtb-news.de/f/d4/zo/d4zo0k4h6xsd/large_image.jpg?0

And this week is almost over and they didnt ship my bike.
they never seem to meet their deadlines. unbelievable

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 5:06 Quote
one suggestion, if you have a wicked, don't ride it with 1x10 or 1x11, this bike its better with a 3x or 2x, putting a single ring isn't the best optionWink

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 5:08 Quote
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:
tell me about it, I keep checking my emails in anticipation, dosnt help that I have absolutely nothing to do at work this week... 'a watched pot never boils.'
The week is not over yet though.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 5:08 Quote
Ive seen some people with chain stay protectors with YT-Industries written on them. Anyone know where you can get these personalised chainstay guards from? Preferably UK based, but anywhere will do.

That green Tues, looks like a Giant chain stay guard on...

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 5:31 Quote
steve45 wrote:
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:
tell me about it, I keep checking my emails in anticipation, dosnt help that I have absolutely nothing to do at work this week... 'a watched pot never boils.'

They had all week to do it, do you think they will send on a friday? I highly doubt it.
also, i sent an email sunday and they didnt answered in 4 days, guess i will "annoy" them again demanding an explanation for the shipment delay.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 5:43 Quote
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:
steve45 wrote:
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:

They had all week to do it, do you think they will send on a friday? I highly doubt it.
also, i sent an email sunday and they didnt answered in 4 days, guess i will "annoy" them again demanding an explanation for the shipment delay.
they will just state that the dates provided are not binding and are subject to change.

We can just hope, end of the day I won't be able to use the bike for 2 weeks anyway, but it would be nice to have it either way.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 7:08 Quote
Andydtk238 wrote:
Ive seen some people with chain stay protectors with YT-Industries written on them. Anyone know where you can get these personalised chainstay guards from? Preferably UK based, but anywhere will do.

That green Tues, looks like a Giant chain stay guard on...

comes with - i got one but its just plain, doesnt quite fit though which is annoying and also the seat stays need protection as well as chainstays.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 7:25 Quote
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:
Finally a photo of the green tues.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fstatic2.mtb-news.de/f/d4/zo/d4zo0k4h6xsd/large_image.jpg?0

Thought that One only would Be avaible to buy in may

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 8:13 Quote
taz46 wrote:
one suggestion, if you have a wicked, don't ride it with 1x10 or 1x11, this bike its better with a 3x or 2x, putting a single ring isn't the best optionWink

What is that opinion based upon? I have mine as 1x10 and it was the best change i have made.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
humoroususername wrote:
taz46 wrote:

What is that opinion based upon? I have mine as 1x10 and it was the best change i have made.
I totally agree with humoroususername, it's the best thing you can do to your wicked, put on a 40t from hope, and go 1x10

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 9:05 Quote
humoroususername wrote:
taz46 wrote:

The system is optimized around a plate of 24T, if you put a 1x11 the result isnt good. The system is better with one 3x10 2x10 , but it always going to depend on shock with blocking, it's the defect of the wicked, but it's a good machine when you have to go down.

do what you want. if you think it's better with a 1x10 then ride it, you can trust me or not,i have ridden a yt and i know perfectly how it works

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 9:47 Quote
alparabraham wrote:

Thank you for the info shared.So do you recommend 100%?Of course the LE cant be bought any longer but thinking about the PRO.If you could measure with a ruler the TT would be great.From the center of HT to the center of Seat tube.Thanks

With my limited time on the bike I can confidently recommend the bike for the components alone. Let's face it, at this price the frame could be trash and it's still a great deal. Thing is, the bike rides great! I'm a bit concerned that I've managed to buzz my tyre against the inside of the chainstay and I'm yet to ride anything really fast or super rough yet. I hope it isn't a sign of a flexy rear end, I'll keep an eye on it and see if it progresses.

Center of HT to Center of ST is roughly 555mm on my large frame.

300lb spring installed and with no preload I'm now getting under 30% sag, fit my Invisiframe kit today too with no issues whatsoever. Good times, ready for the bank holiday weekend. tup

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 10:00 Quote
taz46 wrote:
humoroususername wrote:
taz46 wrote:

The system is optimized around a plate of 24T, if you put a 1x11 the result isnt good. The system is better with one 3x10 2x10 , but it always going to depend on shock with blocking, it's the defect of the wicked, but it's a good machine when you have to go down.

do what you want. if you think it's better with a 1x10 then ride it, you can trust me or not,i have ridden a yt and i know perfectly how it works
After having played around with various setups on my Wicked just to try and keep the chain on, I have decided the exact opposite. 2 x 10 for some reason will not keep the chain on no matter what I tried so in the end I went for a 1 x 10, n/w setup in the hope that it will. I am yet to try it though.

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 10:06 Quote
jimferno wrote:
300lb spring installed and with no preload I'm now getting under 30% sag, fit my Invisiframe kit today too with no issues whatsoever. Good times, ready for the bank holiday weekend. tup

Where did you get your spring from ? I'm really light for my size, so I expect I'll have to change it as soon as the bike arrives but I couldn't find spare parts for the C2R...

I wasn't sure about the invisiframe, thinking it was for the old Tues, but as you all seem happy with it I guess I'll also order one !

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013342
Mobile Version of Website