2010 pincher VS. 09 majesty OPINIONS?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2010 pincher VS. 09 majesty OPINIONS?
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
Clearly there are many midgets in this thread.

Dutch kids, go put your fingers in some dykes or something, you guys are eggy as f*ck, maybe it'll cheer you guys up or something.

Phil-S wrote:
I have a 24" Sub and I'm 6'2" and it feels really good, Height has nothing to do with the TT lenght you should ride...
Longer TT = non-crammed legs = less chance of banging your knees into the bars.

Posted: Dec 10, 2009 at 16:52 Quote
A BMX is the best possible street bike. The fact that we aren't all riding them kinda says something doesn't it?

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 9:06 Quote
I know this is a huge gravedig, but i recently just went through an issue with tt length. Firstly though i would like to mention that I also feel that ns's geo is better for dirt while the dob is better for street. Now, I'm 6'2" and was switching back and forth between my 50mm thomson, and my 40mm ns. I can tell you sub's/maj's feels way more nimble with a 40mm stem and imo are better on both dirt and street with a shorter feeling front end. With the 50mm stem the bike felt sluggish basically. So basically if the suburban or majesty had a 22.1" top tube that is where i would like it so i could run my thomson still. Even soderstrom runs a 40mm stem on his majesty. And crsone, i'm sorry but you saying you need a longer top tube and that it feels better for you on street kinda reminded me of how i kinda felt not long ago... your running a 35mm stem effectively making your majesty feel like it has a 22" tt if you were running a 50mm stem before. That tells me that you like your majesty to feel shorter. So you having your little shitfit at shavran or w.e. was just plain dumb and unnecessary.
Point is tt length is personal preference, however there is definetly a such thing as too long and too short for the bikes use. Much of the time mtb'ers, like myself, run a bike that is too long for them out of stubbornness to admit that their expensive frame couldn't feel or be any better than with the current setup they have right now. Which is silly, unless of course you don't have money to try new things then it's understandable.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 14:44 Quote
BRRider wrote:
I know this is a huge gravedig, but i recently just went through an issue with tt length. Firstly though i would like to mention that I also feel that ns's geo is better for dirt while the dob is better for street. Now, I'm 6'2" and was switching back and forth between my 50mm thomson, and my 40mm ns. I can tell you sub's/maj's feels way more nimble with a 40mm stem and imo are better on both dirt and street with a shorter feeling front end. With the 50mm stem the bike felt sluggish basically. So basically if the suburban or majesty had a 22.1" top tube that is where i would like it so i could run my thomson still. Even soderstrom runs a 40mm stem on his majesty. And crsone, i'm sorry but you saying you need a longer top tube and that it feels better for you on street kinda reminded me of how i kinda felt not long ago... your running a 35mm stem effectively making your majesty feel like it has a 22" tt if you were running a 50mm stem before. That tells me that you like your majesty to feel shorter. So you having your little shitfit at shavran or w.e. was just plain dumb and unnecessary.
Point is tt length is personal preference, however there is definetly a such thing as too long and too short for the bikes use. Much of the time mtb'ers, like myself, run a bike that is too long for them out of stubbornness to admit that their expensive frame couldn't feel or be any better than with the current setup they have right now. Which is silly, unless of course you don't have money to try new things then it's understandable.
major grave dig, but a very valid point indeed.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 15:40 Quote
I'm 6'2 and ride a small mob I like it feels like a toy . And I all ways think 21.5 is a big bmx bike in my head idk its preference when it comes down to top tube .

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010230
Mobile Version of Website