Specialized Big Hit 2009 Builds

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Big Hit 2009 Builds
Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 18:20 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
ilikedh wrote:
MTBxHESKETH wrote:

can u send a link to where i could buy a cheap headset to do this please?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25722

i have the same bike as u
the fsr1 09

that would fit my bike,but it depends on your headtube size
you could use the lower assembly... but if u have a new bighit w a tapered headtube ud need the upper assembly of a standard 1 1/8 headset

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 12:44 Quote
Here is my build so far ..

photo

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 12:52 Quote
Looking good. Have you put a Cane Creek angle set in that or something? That front end looks a lot more slack than mine.

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 12:54 Quote
IronHyde wrote:
Looking good. Have you put a Cane Creek angle set in that or something? That front end looks a lot more slack than mine.

No i havent changed anything hehe perhaps its just the angle of the photo Big Grin

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 13:49 Quote
Lenny-Twenny wrote:
IronHyde wrote:

No i havent changed anything hehe perhaps its just the angle of the photo Big Grin

Must be, looks good anyways. Here is mine, all upgraded and used it for the first time on Sunday.

photo

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 13:58 Quote
IronHyde wrote:
Lenny-Twenny wrote:
IronHyde wrote:

Must be, looks good anyways. Here is mine, all upgraded and used it for the first time on Sunday.

photo

Wow that looks really nice. I have thought about getting some boxxers for mine but the Domains are fine for the riding here in the UK... maybe il get some eventually. Big Grin

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 17:54 Quote
heres a few shots of mine in action... lets see some of you guys! love this bike!
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 3:24 Quote
sdcrash wrote:
heres a few shots of mine in action... lets see some of you guys! love this bike!
photo
photo
photo

the frame looks way better stripped Razz

Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 9:15 Quote
ambrogino wrote:
sdcrash wrote:
photo
photo
photo

the frame looks way better stripped Razz
hey thanks man... I love it. Especially w the yellow wheels

Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 12:11 Quote
Yeah dude, the frame looks awesome like that!

What headset are you running with your boxxers? Im still using the one it came with but the stack height at the bottom of the head tube is is close to 2cm!

Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 14:44 Quote
IronHyde wrote:
Yeah dude, the frame looks awesome like that!

What headset are you running with your boxxers? Im still using the one it came with but the stack height at the bottom of the head tube is is close to 2cm!
yea man... prolly the first thing i did after the boxxer. i got a reducer ring from specialized. makes the lower cup intergrated so its nice n tight now. specialized makes em so do a few other companies like e13. im just using a regular cane creek headset, the reducer ring replaces the lower cup, and the bearings fit flush inside..

Posted: Jul 27, 2011 at 6:55 Quote
Have any of you guys tried running a 2.75 inch stroke shock on your bighits. I'm looking at picking a 2009 or 2010 up secondhand and wondered if there was anyway I could use my 2.75 inch stroke off my 08 bighit. Any experience would be helpfull.

Posted: Aug 5, 2011 at 13:59 Quote
My Big Hit. What do you think?
<Photo does not exist: 6953423>

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 14:35 Quote
Cool dude how does the air shock perform?
Im looking to lightweight mine :-)

Posted: Sep 30, 2011 at 22:37 Quote
me at the spring fling dh race. my first dh race and i didnt do too badly.

love mine. only up grades so far are tyres, bars and tiny things like grips. i need new pedals and some time will get a new fork.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036638
Mobile Version of Website