Official Hiphop/Rap Thread. (No lil wayne)

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Official Hiphop/Rap Thread. (No lil wayne)
Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 7:03 Quote
"These kids love their Twitter handle more than their last name."

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 12:36 Quote
saturation 3 was fiiiiiiiire

Also finally gave flower boy a proper listen and I didn't like it I find myself just going back to wolf every single time

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 15:01 Quote
Can anyone fill me in on what separates grime from rap? My brother was telling our parents about grime, but he was taking the long way. I knew they weren't really interested so I just told them it's basically British rap, and he got all defensive.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 15:22 Quote
The beats and the culture basically

It is really underground I'd say the biggest name being skepta atm

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 16:05 Quote
Well technically MCs are rapping on grime tracks so I guess it is rap music, but within 'British rap' there are different styles/sub categories, just like you have boom-bap, trap, drill etc. Grime evolved more from UK garage music and jungle rather than from hip-hop and Grime instrumentals are normally a higher tempo than hip hop.

Grime:

UK hip-hop:

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 16:16 Quote
Thanks dudes. Speaking of grime, any of you guys ever watch People Just Do Nothing?

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 16:26 Quote
Yeah, it's pretty funny. The video of them with Post Malone is good.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 1:34 Quote
dingus wrote:
Well technically MCs are rapping on grime tracks so I guess it is rap music, but within 'British rap' there are different styles/sub categories, just like you have boom-bap, trap, drill etc. Grime evolved more from UK garage music and jungle rather than from hip-hop and Grime instrumentals are normally a higher tempo than hip hop.

Totally agree here. For me UK rap is just genreless it all just blends grime, drill and boom bap etc you can hear influences of it all in everyones music. Personally I think its what is making UK music so good right now potentially the best.

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 17:18 Quote
Dope! I grew up with Mic Geronimo. Close friend of mine. Flushing, Queens, NYC!

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 15:24 Quote
fredro wrote:

That's rad. What's he up to nowadays?

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 21:51 Quote
justin99 wrote:
fredro wrote:

That's rad. What's he up to nowadays?

He's still doing the music on a much lower scale. Mixtapes and such. He also opened up a locksmith company, and has a wife and 3 lovely kids. Was actually just chilling with him on Saturday at an old school show featuring Brand Nubian and Nice & Smooth. Mic is one of the chillest, super intellectual dudes I know. Good peeps for sure.

Some more Mic G from a couple years back.

This was filmed down the block from my house.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 18:57 Quote
This is dope. Everyone kills it.

Also Fred, you and my dad were for sure neighbors lmao

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016072
Mobile Version of Website