Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
Build another man.

Got a 24” ive got to build up at some point as well as a 26” 24Seven I’m building up using entirely 24Seven parts as a cruiser, everything minus the forks (Trailblades) are going to be 24Seven because I’m a fanboy of a cheap and kind of crap now dead company.

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
crs-one wrote:
photo

My bike ten years ago, summer 2008. I had just taken off the front brake and switched to BMX cranks. I think I broke the frame later that summer. No other frame has lasted me as long, though every subsequent frame rode way better.

Deity Streetsweeper

My bike in summer 2018. Five pounds lighter, freecoasts, better in every single way. Still beat as hell.

I built up same frame p2 in long at 25.0lbs on the dot. I blame the weight on the components of that era. How did you break the frame? Why do you think your new bike rides better? I really like my p2 because it fits well and after the modifications feel like after three builds it is the best bike I've ever ridden aside from a newer Santa Cruz. Have you ridden a current era p3? I'm getting ready to build one next week.

photo

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
It broke at the CS-dropout weld, clean snap. Such is life. It was my first bike, after that I had an 08 P3, 09 P3, and 08 P2 all as warranty replacements. At this point I thought steel frames would last me longer so I bought (and broke!) an NS Majesty. I had a Snafu, a Black Market to fill in temporary gaps after breaking all of these, and then about five or six Deity frames before the current one.

I'd say the improvements in frame geometry came from the gradually shortening chainstays (with the exception of that Snafu in the middle) and steeper head angles. After that, lighter wheels and wider bars seem to have made the biggest difference in the feel of the bike. Having a lightweight stiff reliable fork is also a breath of fresh air compared to the Pike 426/Fox F100 era.

I never started fresh with all new parts, these were gradual refinements on the same bike, optimizing as my skill and riding changed. One of my coworkers has a modern P3 with a similar build to mine, it's responsive and nice but it's not really my preferred geometry these days.

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 12:57 Quote
ratcat wrote:
Build another man.

Got a 24” ive got to build up at some point as well as a 26” 24Seven I’m building up using entirely 24Seven parts as a cruiser, everything minus the forks (Trailblades) are going to be 24Seven because I’m a fanboy of a cheap and kind of crap now dead company.
they dont have that colour and I'd have no use for it

But still If I come across a stwaming pile of cash I will builld it xD

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
Holy shit crs, you have broken a lot of frames.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
crs-one wrote:
photo

My bike ten years ago, summer 2008. I had just taken off the front brake and switched to BMX cranks. I think I broke the frame later that summer. No other frame has lasted me as long, though every subsequent frame rode way better.

Deity Streetsweeper

My bike in summer 2018. Five pounds lighter, freecoasts, better in every single way. Still beat as hell.

That deity looks sweet! What fc hub are you using? Judging by the rise sticker on your fork I'm guessing you went to the Toronto sessions this summer? I was at the one in Waterloo and it was a hell of a day

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
Yeah, the shop I work at hosted the Toronto stop so I did some of the planning, didn't get to attend the ride itself though.

It's a Affix Rhea. One of my friends machined aluminum spacers and retapped it to convert it from the EAS system to a female axle with titanium bolts.

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
Changed my P3 over to Magura mt trail brakes with 4 piston on rear, spank spoon 60 bars, and some yellow grips. Still waiting on rotors, some Maxxis dth skinwalls and yellow alloy lever clamps. Heck of a bleed on the brakes and contaminated the rear pads. Had to torch them and give a scuff to get them to finally grab.

photo

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
So ten years ago I was rocking this bad boy:
photo
. That SX went thru so many phases and parts, damn I miss that bike. Now I have the DJ HT built up and just recently got rid of the Ticket S.
Thanks for the decals USMC Looks so damn good
I love this whip You rule Tsox You too Clap

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
Right on WTH, always gots the goods!!

Me 10 years ago with the Azonic DS-1. Was my only bike at that time and it was a blast to ride. Looking at it reminds me of how far these bikes have come though.

photo

Now I am working on having a total of 12 bikes, guess I should post this one for the other side of the spectrum.

Cachet Henry III Ti DJ
Cachet Henry III Ti DJ

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
10 years ago was before my first job, aka before I had any cash... so was still on Walmart bikes. 5 years ago was the first DJ... 2011 Ticket size regular
My custom Trekit Signature. Fox 831 fork Sram XO derailleur 9-speed Hussefelt cranks Elixer 3 rear brake and BB7 front. Tioga D-Spyder seat.
Now it is a 2014 Ticket size L and 2014 STP size L build, both continually being dialed in and upgraded.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
Draggon wrote:
Right on WTH, always gots the goods!!

Me 10 years ago with the Azonic DS-1. Was my only bike at that time and it was a blast to ride. Looking at it reminds me of how far these bikes have come though.

photo

Now I am working on having a total of 12 bikes, guess I should post this one for the other side of the spectrum.

Cachet Henry III Ti DJ
Cachet Henry III Ti DJ

What tires are on your current bike??

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
So ten years ago I was rocking this bad boy:
photo
. That SX went thru so many phases and parts, damn I miss that bike. Now I have the DJ HT built up and just recently got rid of the Ticket S.
Thanks for the decals USMC Looks so damn good
I love this whip You rule Tsox You too Clap
how is the axle to crown on the lefty it looks pretty damn long.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
Draggon wrote:

Cachet Henry III Ti DJ

Maxxis DTH

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:

Those are just blacked out DTH's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044368
Mobile Version of Website