Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 10, 2024 at 17:34 Quote
Steadysteeze wrote:
have a 27.5 fox 36 160mm. i am currently running a manitou circus expert on my ns majesty, but im considering lowering the 36 and chucking it on. any advantages or disadvantages to this, anyone done it themselves? is it even worth it?
I had a Marzocchi Z1 27.5 that I lowered to 90mm. Worked great and you can barely see that it’s a 27 fork when the wheel is on, the gap between the tire and the arch is bigger than usual but honestly it didnt bother me.
Only thing is that the fork is gonna be way heavier than a regular DJ fork which can be a bit harder if you wanna do barspins or stuff like that.

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 5:55 Quote
Just curious, why not? Would have similar axle to crown as a 100 dj fork if lowered to 90mm and similar weight. Is there not a good way to lower it? I personally would probably sell it and buy a dedicated dj fork but if you could modify the air spring to get the right travel it doesn't seem so bad.
14pslope wrote:
Steadysteeze wrote:
have a 27.5 fox 36 160mm. i am currently running a manitou circus expert on my ns majesty, but im considering lowering the 36 and chucking it on. any advantages or disadvantages to this, anyone done it themselves? is it even worth it?
ya, don't do it

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 12:57 Quote
shami wrote:
Just curious, why not? Would have similar axle to crown as a 100 dj fork if lowered to 90mm and similar weight. Is there not a good way to lower it? I personally would probably sell it and buy a dedicated dj fork but if you could modify the air spring to get the right travel it doesn't seem so bad.
14pslope wrote:
Steadysteeze wrote:
ya, don't do it
same length but you lose 10mm travel, different axle offset (varies a lot depending what yourey comparing), heavier weight, more flex, but ya it'll be "fine" I just would never buy one with the intention of running it this way. I prefer the small advantages of running a dedicated 26" fork.

Posted: Feb 13, 2024 at 5:59 Quote
Yeah, the offset could be the most compelling reason, it would just depend what offset you happen to have, they do make them with similar offset to the dj forks. Other than that weight is pretty similar, the difference between 90 and 100mm is pretty negligble in my opinion as is the difference in flex. All that said I still agree with you, there's dedicated dj forks out there without the comprimises, and you could probably sell the 36 and buy a used pike or bomber dj and break even.
14pslope wrote:
shami wrote:
14pslope wrote:
ya, don't do it
same length but you lose 10mm travel, different axle offset (varies a lot depending what yourey comparing), heavier weight, more flex, but ya it'll be "fine" I just would never buy one with the intention of running it this way. I prefer the small advantages of running a dedicated 26" fork.

Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 0:39 Quote
14pslope wrote:
shami wrote:
14pslope wrote:
ya, don't do it
I'm sorry but in what world a 36 flexes more than a circus?

Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 3:11 Quote
jespinal wrote:
14pslope wrote:
shami wrote:
I'm sorry but in what world a 36 flexes more than a circus?
comparing same fork but in 26" vs 27.5"

Posted: Feb 14, 2024 at 6:15 Quote
Now that this has gotten debated a bit and having weighed the pros and cons, here's my thoughts: If it's a few years old and you wouldn't get a whole lot of $$ for it and you can figure out how to lower to 90mm, do it. If you can sell it for around enough to buy a used bomber dj or Pike dj, do that.
Steadysteeze wrote:

Posted: Feb 16, 2024 at 9:10 Quote
photo

photo
4 years ago Frown sold em both for dumb reasons.

Posted: Feb 18, 2024 at 9:35 Quote
Time to build another one...

Posted: Feb 18, 2024 at 9:36 Quote
FearTheReaper wrote:

what bike do you have in mind if you were to build one from scratch?

Posted: Feb 18, 2024 at 16:08 Quote
vengeful007 wrote:
FearTheReaper wrote:

what bike do you have in mind if you were to build one from scratch?

I'll sell you the frame off my P.Slope if you were trying to get one of your bikes back.
Send me a pm if interested. It's my dream ride, just ended up being too big.

Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 13:51 Quote
Anyone riding https://www.freenightbmx.com hubs? Looks like they have options for big bikes as well

Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 0:14 Quote
seraph wrote:
Looks like this stem from Aerozine is super duper short. Similar to the old Azonic Hammer stem.
Taipei Cycle Show 2023
what is this stem?

Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 0:58 Quote
rexlvxmp wrote:
seraph wrote:
Looks like this stem from Aerozine is super duper short. Similar to the old Azonic Hammer stem.
Taipei Cycle Show 2023
what is this stem?

I literally said it was from Aerozine in the original post Facepalm

Posted: Feb 22, 2024 at 16:30 Quote
rexlvxmp wrote:
seraph wrote:
Taipei Cycle Show 2023
what is this stem?

When had to use a fork with a steerer cut too short, I would have kiiled for this stem lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034517
Mobile Version of Website