glow in the dark bike parts or glow in the dark paint

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
glow in the dark bike parts or glow in the dark paint
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 1:49 Quote
http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=7986

Our shops site!

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 19:51 Quote
are there any glow in the dark rims or bars?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
Where can I get glow in the dark brake cable housing.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
I tried the glow in dark paint from home depot and it doesnt work at all Madder

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 20:10 Quote
I think the whole glow in the dark bike sounds amazing! If I were you I'd check and see if maybe Dobermann would paint the parts for you. If not you could also check their paint supplier. Just suggestions, then you can choose whatever components you want. That being said, the Odyssey Twisted PC's come in glow in the dark in different colours. You can order them here. Hope that helps!

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
as already mentioned, Odyssey Twisted PCs come in glow in the dark, and i know at least stolen and oury have glow in the dark grips. i've got the stolen's on my bike now, cpl pics in my profile i think. decent grip, not sure how long they last yet.

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 at 3:54 Quote
You can find such paint here http://luminophore.org You can paint anything with luminophore. Luminophore is a powder that needs some transparent base to be mixed with(for example lacquer). The base depends on the surface of the thing you want to make glowing.

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 0:21 Quote
Do you want to make anything glow in the dark?

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
well my Nike 6.0s glow in the dark

which I always notice in the theatre when watching a movie

some BMX parts are glow in the dark, from memory....

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
http://www.glonation.com/pigmented-glow-paint.html

Will this paint work on bike parts with clear coat on it?

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 22:54 Quote
Our powdercoater offers a really good glow powdercoat, works well. That way you can buy what you want, then have it glow, not just find glow parts or do shoddy paint jobs that dont glow much

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 23:52 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Our powdercoater offers a really good glow powdercoat, works well. That way you can buy what you want, then have it glow, not just find glow parts or do shoddy paint jobs that dont glow much
Is it safe to powder coat aluminum and magnesium parts? I'm learning in school that temps that are only 40% melting points will change the heat treatment of parts. That being said I guess this would be easy to solve if I knew what temp that powdercoat baked at. Do you know?

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 0:43 Quote
youre in luck. im a heat treatment engineer. its usually safe, as most alloys of aluminum age harden at a temperature higher than the powder cure temp. If you're doing the really high temp powders it can be an issue, but for how long its at the temperature.... rarely is a real one. Degassing of mag alloys does sometimes make crappy finishes though.

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 20:27 Quote
where can I buy a dobermann pinscher glow in the dark frame???

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
estebangomez00 wrote:
where can I buy a dobermann pinscher glow in the dark frame???
From Dobermann, or Phatmoosecycles.com

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015346
Mobile Version of Website