Powered by Outside

Components for DJ bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Components for DJ bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 9:33 Quote
I am going to be making a dirt jumping bike, I will use as many Corsair components as I can, What else should I use?

P.S. Cost is Important

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 9:57 Quote
I don't know if Corsair makes rims/hubs, but I would recommend Atomlab Pimplite Wheelsets. I have never had to true mine since I got them and rode them for a whole Michigan biking season (April-October) and then at some indoor parks this winter. They are reasonably priced and are VERY strong. Highly recommended

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 10:06 Quote
Kenda K Rad tires are pretty sweet, inexpensive and last a really long time. I like my Azonic Outlaw wheelset (got em in red). The Outlaws are fairly inexpensive as well, and like homeboy's Trail Pimp's I have never had to true mine yet. Try to get a used Marzocchi DJ1 (less expensive). High rise bars. Mechanical disc brake (unless you plan on DH'ing this thing you wont need hydraulics and it will cost less. You dont really need a front brake.)

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 10:18 Quote
lukaszkrolak wrote:
Kenda K Rad tires are pretty sweet, inexpensive and last a really long time. I like my Azonic Outlaw wheelset (got em in red). The Outlaws are fairly inexpensive as well, and like homeboy's Trail Pimp's I have never had to true mine yet. Try to get a used Marzocchi DJ1 (less expensive). High rise bars. Mechanical disc brake (unless you plan on DH'ing this thing you wont need hydraulics and it will cost less. You dont really need a front brake.)

+1 ... I agree with everything you are saying. The Azonics are pretty b/a and the rest of your tips are great.... of course, you are 10 years older than me Smile

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 11:00 Quote
Thanks that is really helpful

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 11:03 Quote
freeride9 wrote:
Thanks that is really helpful

no problem... as for the wheelsets, go for which ever of those two is cheaper. they are both very good

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 11:05 Quote
yeah, I might use corsairs since I get 50% off on there products.

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 11:06 Quote
freeride9 wrote:
yeah, I might use corsairs since I get 50% off on there products.

yeah then go for that... does someone you know own a store or something?

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 11:06 Quote
No, I got sponsored by them on Hookit.com

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 11:14 Quote
Rather then pimplite rims you could use Mavic EX721's. There lighter and apparently stronger then atomlabs. I have yet to hear/read one bad thing about them.

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 11:16 Quote
So OK i have a DMR 24" dirt/street bike setup going on ill tell you my components and you might get the general idea , all my parts are second hand and the whole bike cost me just under 200 GPB

FRAME: 2007 DMR Rhythm
FORK: Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 3
WHEEL FRONT: DV 24'S
HUB FRONT: Revolver
WHEEL REAR: DV 24'S + Single speed 12t kit
HUB REAR: Revolver
BRAKE FRONT: N/A
BRAKE REAR: HS33 Magura
CRANK: Crisis 3 piece with a 20t Chain Drive
PEDALS: V8'S
HEADSET : FSA : The Pig

My bike is a smooth ride light and very comfy , search gumtree and ebay for parts thats all i did it took me 1 year and 7 months to build as i had to wait for the right part to become avalible.

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 at 19:32 Quote
forte' loco's are the same wheels as the azonic outlaws, and they are cheap, im running one on the rear, ill be picking up a front this spring, very strong wheel, i ride at rays mtb all the time, holds up to some hard landings there

Posted: Feb 14, 2010 at 13:24 Quote
+1 for the outlaws. i've got em for my dh bike and i love them. really strong. good price. the 2010 colors are sweet too.

FL
Posted: Feb 14, 2010 at 14:11 Quote
I would recommend DMR wingbars and a DMR swarm stem. Both very good products, light strong and dont bust the bank - sorted.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012439
Mobile Version of Website