PIKES...

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
The same width all 20mm axle forks are, 110mm.

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
princeofthenorth wrote:
20mm x 110mm

Thanks mate

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
mr-pirate wrote:

How come I have a wheel that has a 20mm axle but is only 80mm

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
ScitzO wrote:
mr-pirate wrote:

Then how come I have a wheel that has a 20mm axle but is only 80mm,eh....... smartarse?

your missing an axle spacer then

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
Is it meant to be attached to the hub or is it separate?

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
its supose to be attached to the hub. im missing one too, so im using a makeshift axle spacer untill the real one comes in

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
princeofthenorth wrote:
ScitzO wrote:
mr-pirate wrote:

Then how come I have a wheel that has a 20mm axle but is only 80mm,eh....... smartarse?

your missing an axle spacer then
Exactly.

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
HEMPDOG wrote:
i want a pike 2. get the dual air , with no u turn and plus the pike is lighter than others. trust me. kirt voreises mechanic said that. im gonna order 1 in da summer.

you don't need a pro's mech to tell you something like that. try rockshox.com Whip

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
HEMPDOG wrote:
i want a pike 2. get the dual air , with no u turn and plus the pike is lighter than others. trust me. kirt voreises mechanic said that. im gonna order 1 in da summer.

you don't need a pro's mech to tell you something like that. try rockshox.com Whip

or common sense

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 5:38 Quote
hey im going to start building up a dj/fr bike and the pike seems like the fork of choice i am wondering how hard you can make the forks without having to buy x-strong springs at the forks set at 95mm thanks jordan

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 5:52 Quote
adam45 wrote:
454 has an aluminium steer tube so its not good for DJ / FR.

426 is good but not dual air you want coil / spring.

Not familiar with the other "Pikes" but you don't need all the external controls once you have the fork set up the way you like it. If you change riding styles like Park then DJ then FR regularly then get the external controls. Definately service the fork according to the manufacturers schedule. The fork will feel way better especially the first few oil changes.

So recap: Get the chromoly steer tube and the Coil / spring internals. After that its personal preference.

how much would that cost?

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 5:57 Quote
Katol wrote:
adam45 wrote:

Not familiar with the other "Pikes" but you don't need all the external controls once you have the fork set up the way you like it. If you change riding styles like Park then DJ then FR regularly then get the external controls. Definately service the fork according to the manufacturers schedule. The fork will feel way better especially the first few oil changes.

So recap: Get the chromoly steer tube and the Coil / spring internals. After that its personal preference.

the 454 includes an ALU steer tube ASWELL as a Hollow Crown for added weight savings

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 7:25 Quote
onetimetwotime wrote:
Katol wrote:
adam45 wrote:

the 454 includes an ALU steer tube ASWELL as a Hollow Crown for added weight savings

ok....so how much monet would thar cost?

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
Katol wrote:

many of moneys.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 10:54 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
Katol wrote:

many of moneys.

y answer to a question which you do not know the answer?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011440
Mobile Version of Website