Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Specialized Big Hit riders thread to elect the coolest Big Hit...
Posted: May 6, 2012 at 1:20 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
amando96 wrote:
Really nice, what rims are those?

Octane one?

Yeah Octane ones, thought id give them a go cant be bad for £15 each.....have taken a hammerin so far and are still sound!

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 0:19 Quote
can someone please help me out with picking out the type of headset for a 2009 big hit? i'll be using a straight 1 1/8 steerer, and i know it has a tapered head tube. i'm about to order from cane creek, but i dunno if it's supposed to be a traditional external cup or a zero stack, a reducer OR convert lower, etc. i'm quite confused. thanks!

O+
Posted: May 9, 2012 at 2:31 Quote
tontonuy5 wrote:
can someone please help me out with picking out the type of headset for a 2009 big hit? i'll be using a straight 1 1/8 steerer, and i know it has a tapered head tube. i'm about to order from cane creek, but i dunno if it's supposed to be a traditional external cup or a zero stack, a reducer OR convert lower, etc. i'm quite confused. thanks!
Go to the link below to work out which headset you need:
http://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 4:22 Quote
tontonuy5 wrote:
You might try: http://problemsolversbike.com/products/headtube_reducers/

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 8:20 Quote
Hi all, new to pinkbike, got a bighit myself, not a clue how to get it on, I know how to upload the photo though!

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 8:22 Quote
Hi all, got a pic of my bighit to put on, how do I do it? Managed to get one on my profile which was easy

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 10:01 Quote
Here ya go Jimmy!

My customized specalized Big hit

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 10:40 Quote
Ah thats the one thanks a lot! But now people think its you're bike haha, cheers anyway

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 10:58 Quote
tontonuy5 wrote:

Which 2009 do you have? I have the 2009 BH1 that came with Z1 sport forks. Although the frame is a tapered headtube, those are actually 1/8th forks and there is already a reducer headset in there and nothing was needed to install my 1/8th boxxer forks.

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 11:05 Quote
Hi

I also have. Big hit 1 with the z1 forks. Haven't a clue which head set you would need, but just bought a hope headset which will most probably fit, so you could try one of them out, quite pricey like

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 12:06 Quote
I gotta Hope headset too...... Just thowing it in there..... Razz

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 12:09 Quote
I haven't fitted it just yet lol, what they like?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.040770
Mobile Version of Website