Powered by Outside

Give me ideas people!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Give me ideas people!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 1:10 Quote
photo

Im looking for ideas as in what to do to my commie!

So far:

Changing to a single speed set up
Taking off the front brake

what else should i do to it? this used to be my "do it all" bike but now i have the sx-trail as well so i can make this just a DJ bike!

Go on people throw some ideas at me!

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 1:29 Quote
Can you post the spec's list? Maybe we could help you better that way. Smile

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 1:53 Quote
You can always ride it.. thats always a good starting point. Other than that break stuff and replace it

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 1:58 Quote
Frame: Absolut AL
Fork: Marzocchi DJ3 100mm
Headset: Tange Fatty MX2 1'1/8
Stem: Commencal Dirt Oversize
Bars: Commencal 2' oversize
Grips: Commencal Deluxe Lock-On
Brakes: Avid juicy 3's
Shifters: Sram trigger X4 8s right
Front Mech: C Chainguide
Rear Mech: Sram X5
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Howitzer
Cranks: Truvativ Ruktion w/howitzer interface
Chain: KMC 8s
Cassette: SRAM PG 820 8s 11-32
Rims: Double wall WHITE w/eyelets
Hubs: Commencal disc 32h nutted F and R
Spokes: Stainless 64p 3x lacing black
Tires: Kenda K-Rad 2.3
Seatpost: C Trail
Seat: Azonic (dont know its exact name)

i think that should do! basically im looking to slowly gather parts and then give it a complete over haul.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 2:01 Quote
I would start by going SS, then break and replace from there. The next big ticket item I would chose would be wheels or a fork.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 2:02 Quote
MarkASX wrote:
You can always ride it.. thats always a good starting point. Other than that break stuff and replace it

I have been riding it... alot! it gets ridden 5 days a week at least and parts are starting to wear down now so im going to replace and build up something new tup

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 2:02 Quote
I would put a SS Kit, change the bars and stem and maybe the tires and cranks.

Then , think about a new set of wheels, fork and finnaly the frame.

That's what I would do. Now it depends on how much money you want to spend. Big Grin

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 2:08 Quote
Thats what i thought would also be the best place to start would be a SS kit.. i really do need some new forks though... pikes?

any SS kit recomendations? and any chains that are above the rest?

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 2:12 Quote
Well chains I use a BMX one, KMC 710SL i think. It's pretty cool.

SS Kits i'm not an expert on that so I can't help you.

Forks, maybe a DJ1 or a argyle 409. Pikes? Only if you get the argyle downs to make a Pargyle. I heard the pike downs are kind a weak for street, but i'm not sure.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 6:54 Quote
right so for a colour scheme im thinking of going for yellow to go with the frames colour... thoughts? any other colours you think would suit it better?

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 13:08 Quote
Get a pivotal seat or just a lighter one as that one looks pretty heavy, some new pedals are a must... maybe some bmx cranks? and for colours i say you keep the blue and white, it looks awesome Smile

FL
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 13:33 Quote
get some new pedals. I have NS ariel pedals and they are awesome. also SS kits are all pretty much the same, just spacers and a cog. I have the DMR one and it works fine.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 16:17 Quote
just change parts as they break... cheapest way tbh

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 1:26 Quote
Light Grey / Red just like mine. Got love it. Big Grin

i'll post someday :p

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 2:25 Quote
duncz wrote:
Get a pivotal seat or just a lighter one as that one looks pretty heavy, some new pedals are a must... maybe some bmx cranks? and for colours i say you keep the blue and white, it looks awesome Smile

what would i have to look out for with BMX cranks? Like is there specific sizes i should look for? do i need to change out the BB and chain ring? Probably a "noob" question but i have never put BMX cranks on a DJ bike... and thanks i do like it now with the colours as is, and after looking for Yellow specific parts i think its going to stay white and turqoise... tup

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010259
Mobile Version of Website