Giant glory vs. Evil revolt vs. Intense 951

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Giant glory vs. Evil revolt vs. Intense 951
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 17:13 Quote
Hello
I was wondering which bike you think is the best for a dh race & bike park rider
thanks

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 17:39 Quote
Park - Glory
DH Race - 951
All rounder - Revolt

FL
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 17:45 Quote
Fragma wrote:
Park - Glory
DH Race - 951
All rounder - Revolt
alrighty thanks-glad to see somebody else thinks the same way as me

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 17:46 Quote
i-ride-on-dirt wrote:
Fragma wrote:
Park - Glory
DH Race - 951
All rounder - Revolt
alrighty thanks-glad to see somebody else thinks the same way as me
I ride the Glory and it deffinetly wouldn't hold you back. It's heavy though but feels light when its under you.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 20:54 Quote
Whistler- #1 Bike- Cove Shocker- For example this ChroMag set up- not mine- but good inspiration.
photo

FL
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 21:20 Quote
glory is pretty much the best all round dh bike, its way more solid than a 951 and pretty much the same weight, only thing holind it back is the geo, which isn't realy even that bad. heres mine.
photo

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 21:31 Quote
Mooney10 wrote:
glory is pretty much the best all round dh bike, its way more solid than a 951 and pretty much the same weight, only thing holind it back is the geo, which isn't realy even that bad. heres mine.
photo

You got that fresh out of the showroom- wow. My shop mechanic just got one- those are nice bikes. All current most wanted DH rigs are pretty nice.

FL
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 21:35 Quote
yeah, im think im goona keep the glory. maybe get a new frame when i can afford to buy one new

FL
Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 21:49 Quote
I was contemplating these axact same three bikes. I went with the 2010 Glory cause from the moment I sat on it it just felt right. People have been slagging it due to the "steep" head angle but I personally like the fact the I can turn it quickly through the trees. It's not a lazy beast. Pedals amazingly well and simply eats the bumps. I got the Glory 01 as a frame but put in an Elka shock and it's incredible! Second choice would have been the revolt.

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 23:48 Quote
Downhill-Disaster wrote:
I was contemplating these axact same three bikes. I went with the 2010 Glory cause from the moment I sat on it it just felt right. People have been slagging it due to the "steep" head angle but I personally like the fact the I can turn it quickly through the trees. It's not a lazy beast. Pedals amazingly well and simply eats the bumps. I got the Glory 01 as a frame but put in an Elka shock and it's incredible! Second choice would have been the revolt.

I got the Elka- its the most amazing shock ever. So much control on adustments. Its amazing.

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 at 13:52 Quote
Mooney10 wrote:
photo

What rims are those?

Posted: Jul 17, 2011 at 12:53 Quote
yea... im buying one as well but what one cove shocker or giant glory? for dh racing

im 14 and 160cm tall

giant is real light around 16-17kg and the cove weighs a ton around 41lbs

what do you guys say?

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 19:44 Quote
the weight depends on how much your willing to spend. its easy to lose weight, but very expensive. and it prob wont make you a better rider. a good rider can be fast on any of these bikes. go with the best deal money wise. cause yuor gonna want to change things as you progress and or break things. set up of "your" bike is more important than the brand. your comfort level will produce confidence and as you progress youll learn what to do with a light bike. you wont rip off cambers on a bike thats not set up for you, even if it costs 8k and weighs 35lbs lead with your head not your wallet! good luck

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 22:18 Quote
Your 14 and 160 cm (5ft 2)? How much do you weigh? You shouldn't get the glory if want to be able to stand over your bike or be able to throw it around. The 951 has a much lower stand over and can be built up a little lighter than the Glory. Check out the Spec Demo 8 in a xs. This bike fits your size better so you can progress faster.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016173
Mobile Version of Website