Sram x9 or shimano saint?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sram x9 or shimano saint?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 2, 2010 at 13:01 Quote
Should i get a shimano saint rear and front derailleur and shifter set up or x9? How much would either one cost me?

O+
Posted: May 2, 2010 at 13:02 Quote
If its any help, i have an xt on my bike currently, imswitching to an x9, i've never ridden a saint but i must say i like sram more.

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 18:54 Quote
do you know how much a front and rear derailleur as well as shifter would cost me?

O+
Posted: May 2, 2010 at 18:57 Quote
I know the sram will be cheaper, i think the rear is about 90 bucks? shifter pod should be around 60? not too sure about that and the front i have no idea, i dont runa front derailluer so i dont know any prices.

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 19:00 Quote
i know it might look a little funny but is it possible to keep my front shimano alivio derailleur and change to a x9 on the rear?

O+
Posted: May 2, 2010 at 19:19 Quote
I don't see why not, i originally had a sr suntour front d and my xt rear d and it was fine, i got rid of the front but it worked while it was on.

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 19:29 Quote
y did u decide to run a single in the front? would you recommend it?

O+
Posted: May 2, 2010 at 19:32 Quote
Well i wasn't using any of the other rings, and i still get up hills no problem, and i ride xc on my bike on occasion, if i was you i'd jsut runa single up in the front, make sure you havea chainguide and such, but yeah i'd definately reccomend it, especially if you're mostly doing downhill.

Posted: May 2, 2010 at 19:50 Quote
marinellianthony wrote:
Should i get a shimano saint rear and front derailleur and shifter set up or x9? How much would either one cost me?

I switched my bikes from XT to X9 and I find the shifting feels a little less modulated and smooth but it is DEAD NUTS accurate. I much prefer the positive shifts of the SRAM. It look and feels flimsy but it seems to take a beating, shift exceptionally well, and there's nothing to setting it up perfectly the first time.

Everyone has their own take on it though.
A.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2010 at 19:53 Quote
Yeah and i find my xt needs adjusting a lot.

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 13:40 Quote
I recommend getting an X.9 setup. I have one and I love it. compared to my old XT mech, it shifts spot on, hardly ever needs to be adjusted, and best of all, It reduces chain slap because of the stiffer springs.
You can get them online for quite cheap tootup

Ok, hope that helps.

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 13:48 Quote
One of my X9's is a couple years old now and gets ridden really hard. Its still smooth and straight. I am a huge fan of the x9's on both my bikes.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010875
Mobile Version of Website