Focused, diverse, cutting edge, and collaborative. Pinkbike strives to lead the mountain bike world in news, photos, videos, events, trails, and more. Our quality journalism and community-driven approach attract millions of readers a month.
Position: Social Media Coordinator
Location: Squamish, BC
Type: Full time
At Pinkbike, we work to get people fired up on mountain biking every day. And we’re working hard to spread that message across existing and emerging social networks. Our global readership continues to grow, and a new Social Media Coordinator will help us build on that growth.
Sound like you?
As Social Media Coordinator, you’ll facilitate and execute our social strategy—communicating our editorial materials across all our social media properties. You’ll work with our editorial and sales teams to support our stories and our brand partners, as well as helping execute promotional campaigns. You’ll follow races and post results. You’ll be responsible for finding and sharing the freshest, most engaging content from brands, trail organizations, riders, and more, working directly with the content managers to ensure Pinkbike continues to have its finger on the pulse of mountain biking. You’ll engage with and grow our community in an authentic, inspiring manner, contributing to and helping evolve the PB social voice. You’ll bring a keen eye for detail and a ruthless approach to misused commas, but you’ll also get your hands dirty and drink occasional post-ride beers.Role and Responsibilities
Our high energy, fast-paced work environment will see you doing a diverse set of tasks. If you’d started last week, your responsibilities would have included:
• Scheduling all Pinkbike articles on social media, optimising content, messaging, and timing across each channel.Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Finding interesting angles and encouraging community interaction with each post.
• Staying hyper-aware of any relevant news (new viral edits, product leaks, athlete signings, etc.) and reacting to those stories quickly and efficiently.
• Communicating regularly with our editorial and sales teams to ensure nothing slips through the cracks and our efforts are aligned.
• Providing social media analytics and reports to our sales team.
• Staying up to date on best practices, and investigating how Pinkbike could participate with and utilize several emerging social platforms.
• Minimum of two years’ working experience in a related field—it doesn’t need to be directly in social media, but you need to demonstrate a compelling track record and deep understanding of social media.Preferred Skills
• Solid mountain bike abilities with tonnes of enthusiasm; living and breathing bikes is critical.
• Strong writing capabilities; you need to be able to communicate in the Pinkbike voice and present content in a compelling, engaging manner.
• Strong digital skills, with proficiency in modern workflows. It’s a diverse job that will require frequent on-the-fly learning, so the ability to learn how to perform rocket surgery from Youtube is important.
• Must live near Squamish, BC (or be willing to move here), and speak fluent English.
• Able to bring new concepts and ideas to the table.
• Comfortable with fast turnaround on projects; applicants will be asked to demonstrate effective skills in prioritising.
• Experience managing a popular social media channel.Culture
• Familiarity with photo and video creation—using GoPros, gimbals, cameras, Photoshop, Premiere, etc. will be a part of the role.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Working proficiency in French, German, Spanish, or Italian a plus.
The work is high energy, demanding, and fast paced. We believe in positive work-life balance and prioritise task completion over office hours. The people here are a focused and fun loving crew that are passionate about bikes. Our office is located in Squamish, within full view of the Chief and the many mountains that make it a mountain bike mecca. Some of our staff commute from Vancouver (it’s counter-flow), while others have made their home here in Squamish—but all of us appreciate the easy-going vibe and the tight-knit team culture.
Pinkbike is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds, experiences, knowledge, and talents of our employees. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.How to Apply
Please email email@example.com
with the subject line "Social Media Coordinator". Include your resume, a short introduction to what you're all about, and any relevant work examples you have.