PRESS RELEASE: Western Canada Mountain Bike Tourism Association (MBTA)
Mark your calendar for October 2-4 and join us for the 2019 MTB Tourism Symposium in Whistler's Creekside Village.
Whistler has long been on the leading edge of mountain bike tourism and recreation and will provide an excellent backdrop as we delve into the many important topics facing the broader mountain biking community. Mountain biking has become a significant travel motivator that currently generates over $70 million annually in visitor spending in the Sea to Sky Corridor alone. Riders from around the globe are inspired to visit British Columbia and ride our abundant trails. This, in turn, has created new economic opportunities for communities throughout the province.
This year's symposium will focus on the growth of mountain biking and what it means for the future as many areas face challenges with capacity and funding in order to adequately manage and maintain trails. Join us in Whistler and be part of the solution for a sustainable mountain bike tourism sector. The symposium brings stakeholders together to share their experience and best practices. Delegates include non-profit trail associations, destination marketing organizations, bike industry representatives, event producers, land managers, community and park planners, professional trail builders, travel media, content creators, educators, and government representatives. Be part of the discussion and learn from those that are establishing sustainable approaches to mountain bike recreation and tourism development.
We are proud to announce that Trailforks is this year's title sponsor. Trailforks is powering change in outdoor recreation by providing robust trail information for trail users and land managers around the globe. They will be sharing insights on how to get the most out of their game changing technology.
Check out mtbtourismsymposium.ca
to get all the current details. Call for presenters
We are seeking dynamic, engaging, and knowledgeable presenters for the 2019 Symposium. If you have a topic that you would like to present or suggest for a panel discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description. The topic categories that we are most interested in for 2019 are:
• Sustainable approaches to mountain bike recreation and tourism
• Trail management and funding models
• Working collaboratively / strategic partnerships
• Inclusivity / encouraging diversity / youth engagement
• Climate change impacts / Wildfire management / Wildlife management
• New opportunities / trends / case studiesRegistration will open June 1stThe symposium offers great value to delegates. When you register for the full symposium, the following is included:
• 2 full days of sessions featuring knowledgeable and entertaining speakers and presentations
• Breakfast and lunch on each day of the symposium sessions (Thursday and Friday)
• Welcome reception and other social events (Wednesday and Thursday evenings)
• Pre-symposium Trail building workshop (Tuesday and Wednesday; limited spots available)
• Guided rides on some of the best trails in the province
• A chance to win great prizes
FULL SYMPOSIUM: $285 + GST (early bird rate: $235 + GST available until August 31st)
SINGLE DAY RATE: $155 + GST
Thanks to our growing list of sponsors!