Powered by Outside

Home Made Bikes

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
But no where near as beefy. Got the right look down though.

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 20:25 Quote
[Quote="viatch"][Quote="hmbprider61"]fresh from the powder coaters:
photo

How does the shock not hit the frame when it gets compressed? It looks like its almost touching the bottom of the seat tube already.

Sure hope im just seeing things.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 3:38 Quote
[Quote="sirknumskullgt"][Quote="viatch"]
hmbprider61 wrote:
fresh from the powder coaters:
photo

How does the shock not hit the frame when it gets compressed? It looks like its almost touching the bottom of the seat tube already.

it looks like the shock would move away from the frame when it compresses

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
sirknumskullgt wrote:
photo

What you're thinking of is actually the other side of the circle around the shock, like the 08 SX trail. It would go something like this: { | }.
(Shock is the line, frame circle thingy are these: {} )

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
What you're thinking of is actually the other side of the circle around the shock, like the 08 SX trail. It would go something like this: { | }.

He's talking about the room between the shock and the top part of the loop. As the wheel goes through its travel the shock generally swings upward and there really doesn't appear to be that much room for that to happen.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
PBPphotog wrote:

He's talking about the room between the shock and the top part of the loop. As the wheel goes through its travel the shock generally swings upward and there really doesn't appear to be that much room for that to happen.

yeah exactly. If you look at bottom part of the seat tube/ top tube junction and its proximity to the shock spring at the nominal point, its basically there already. And yeah when the top link rotates it will angle the shock upwards at first.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
Oops, my bad!
Now that I look at it, I see what you guys mean. Looks like it'll get pretty close to hitting

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
photo

if you look at how the shock is distributed in front and behind of the tube junction, its about 3:1. when the shock goes through its travel due to the fixed pivot point on the frame the 3:1 moves much less up and down than the 3:1. the closer you get to the fixed pivot point the less the shock moves up and down so i doubt it hits the frame.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
CTfreerider6 wrote:
if you look at how the shock is distributed in front and behind of the tube junction, its about 3:1. when the shock goes through its travel due to the fixed pivot point on the frame the 3:1 moves much less up and down than the 3:1. the closer you get to the fixed pivot point the less the shock moves up and down so i doubt it hits the frame.

That is true. I'm sure the frame was also tested before it was powder coated.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
CTfreerider6 wrote:

+2

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
boolmv wrote:
ezekiel wrote:
CTfreerider6 wrote:

+2
Exactly. the shock never gets closer than mabe a quarter inch from the frame

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 11:27 Quote
[Quote="viatch"]
hmbprider61 wrote:
fresh from the powder coaters:
photo

hey man i got a couple designs of my own, more like sketches no proper geo but just curious if you do custom frame builds. like how much would it cost me starting from you putting proper geo to welding?
unfortunately i cant sell bikes that i make cause of the liability. right now i just do it for fun. someday i want to start a company tho

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:27 Quote
I'm having problems figuring out the rear drop outs. I sketched around the dropout on my bike to get an approx of how they should be. The thing i can't figure out is for the derailleur. On mine the dropouts have a groove for a hanger that mounts derailleur. What exactly do i need on the dropouts for a derailleur?

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
im not sure exactly what your asking but look at paragonmachineworks.com, tis website has many dropout configurations.

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 11:43 Quote
you need a little hole for the bolt type thing that goes through the hanger and frame! are you designing the hanger yourself or using a major companies as it will be a hell of a lot easier to get a replacement deraileur if you snap yours?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.565086
Mobile Version of Website