Powered by Outside

Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 18:05 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I am assuming you have the mino link in the steep setting? Either offset links or angleset. Anglesets can be a bitch tho. I have not slapped on in mine yet. Digging it as is now at 65.
Ya screw that Angleset,..K.I.S.S. principle= offset bushings!

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 1:38 Quote
jezzah wrote:
Just a quick one..

We've knocked up a quick (and dirty) prototype adapter for non-DRCV shocks.

It's effectively a standard bushing with a thread in either end so the standard Trek bolts can screw directly into it. This keeps a stock look and means you don't have to worry about sourcing a replacement bolt - which can look pretty untidy / incurs more cost.

We would have to machine it from hardened Steel as the bushing will be under a lot of pressure under compression. So ignore the brass here..

It's unlikely we will be able to offset this, that's the only downside. Due to the relatively thin wall thickness when center drilled, I'd rather not produce an offset version due to how strong the product needs to be. With an Offset Bushing in the lower shock mount, you'll still be able to reduce the e2e length by 2mm, 1mm short of the original e2e.

Would you guys be interested in a product like this? Or would you prefer to use a whole new bolt?

Jeron

Hi Jeron, I've been running one similar and the biggest problem other than I bent it is, the fact that both factory Trek bolts are right handed threads. So when it come to undoing them you have to some how stop the threaded part from spinning. I would much prefer a nice bolt.
Hence the reason I've just ordered a set of std offset bushings for my Remedy with a Float X2.
Mark

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 15:28 Quote
markeemark wrote:
jezzah wrote:
Just a quick one..

We've knocked up a quick (and dirty) prototype adapter for non-DRCV shocks.

It's effectively a standard bushing with a thread in either end so the standard Trek bolts can screw directly into it. This keeps a stock look and means you don't have to worry about sourcing a replacement bolt - which can look pretty untidy / incurs more cost.

We would have to machine it from hardened Steel as the bushing will be under a lot of pressure under compression. So ignore the brass here..

It's unlikely we will be able to offset this, that's the only downside. Due to the relatively thin wall thickness when center drilled, I'd rather not produce an offset version due to how strong the product needs to be. With an Offset Bushing in the lower shock mount, you'll still be able to reduce the e2e length by 2mm, 1mm short of the original e2e.

Would you guys be interested in a product like this? Or would you prefer to use a whole new bolt?

Jeron

Hi Jeron, I've been running one similar and the biggest problem other than I bent it is, the fact that both factory Trek bolts are right handed threads. So when it come to undoing them you have to some how stop the threaded part from spinning. I would much prefer a nice bolt.
Hence the reason I've just ordered a set of std offset bushings for my Remedy with a Float X2.
Mark

Thanks for the feedback, Mark!.. and the order Smile

We're just prototyping a bolt setup at the moment so we can offer a full conversion kit. Which will make life nice and easy!

Jeron

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 21:04 Quote
near on 2 1/2 months without my slash
still in for warranty repair
not great service from trek

Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 22:24 Quote
They sent me seatstays instead of chainstays,so I have to wait...

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 0:58 Quote
I'm tring to upgrade my 2015 remedy 9 29er shock. I've changed the fork to a new fox factory 36 with 160mm and I'm looking at the x2 for the rear. Has anyone done this on a new Remedy?

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 1:03 Quote
SteamPunk wrote:
I'm tring to upgrade my 2015 remedy 9 29er shock. I've changed the fork to a new fox factory 36 with 160mm and I'm looking at the x2 for the rear. Has anyone done this on a new Remedy?

Quite a few people discussing that on here I believe.

You'll need a pair of Offset Bushings and a replacement m10 upper mount bolt.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 1:22 Quote
You won't technically need a pair of Offset Bushings, but it is highly recommended.

On an unrelated note, anyone pull apart the 2016 Float 36 on the remedy 29 yet? If so, is it the same as the regular version but with a spacer chucked in to take it down to 140?

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 3:24 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
You won't technically need a pair of Offset Bushings, but it is highly recommended.

On an unrelated note, anyone pull apart the 2016 Float 36 on the remedy 29 yet? If so, is it the same as the regular version but with a spacer chucked in to take it down to 140?

It would fit without - though due to the difference in e2e between a DRCV shock and a standard one, it'll mess up your geometry a bit!

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 3:32 Quote
We've come up with a very neat bolt solution for DRCV conversions guys!

We're looking at sorting black washers, rather than silver - but you get the idea.

High tensile steel bolt + nut. All fits perfectly. 5mm allen key head.

photo

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 4:48 Quote
Looks great!
Does it press to inside of the pivot bearings?
Does it move freely with bearings?

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 4:53 Quote
Breaking in the new ride

Attempting to post a pic of my 2nd time taking the new Slash out for a spin.

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 4:55 Quote
CaRaBeeN wrote:
Looks great!

Yes, it sits inside the bearings. All moves freely, of course you can stiffen it up by over tightening - that's the same for anything though.

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 9:51 Quote
jezzah wrote:
CaRaBeeN wrote:
Looks great!

Yes, it sits inside the bearings. All moves freely, of course you can stiffen it up by over tightening - that's the same for anything though.

OK, I'll order (altough I've Trek bolt already) one when you've release them..

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 11:13 Quote
jezzah wrote:
We've come up with a very neat bolt solution for DRCV conversions guys!

We're looking at sorting black washers, rather than silver - but you get the idea.

High tensile steel bolt + nut. All fits perfectly. 5mm allen key head.
Hi jezzah,

love the work you do and helping Trek owners.

Just to make things clear, this setup is consisted from this screw + your (offset?) bushings, right ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012883
Mobile Version of Website