2013 Giant Glory

PB Forum :: Giant
2013 Giant Glory
Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 18:49 Quote
JackTepper wrote:
gclarida wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Anyone else notice that the paint on the 2013/14 glory's sucks? I had put some tape on the downtube to hold the cables in place when I was at a resort last week as an emergency fix. Tool it off today and the R on "GLORY" peeled off with the tape :/

yeah man, its crap. Before i put on frame protection you could literally look at the paint and it would scratch.
What kind if protecter??

Yeah, i used 3m.

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 16:29 Quote
picked up my 2013 Glory0 a couple of months ago...... loving it so far, but i sure am having a hell of a time dialing in the Boxxer WC solo air fork (coming off a coil Marz888 on my old Norco). any one else have trouble or am i just a retard?

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 18:54 Quote
SkimSTi wrote:
picked up my 2013 Glory0 a couple of months ago...... loving it so far, but i sure am having a hell of a time dialing in the Boxxer WC solo air fork (coming off a coil Marz888 on my old Norco). any one else have trouble or am i just a retard?
dialing it in how?

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 19:46 Quote
Nobble wrote:
SkimSTi wrote:
dialing it in how?

you found my other post. haha. think I'm on the right track now. just have to run these air forks a bit more firm than I'm used to. no problem. would rather sacrifice small, low speed compliance to blast through the rough!

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 7:17 Quote
Was trying to locate an odd clicking sound on my 2013 glory when it topped out last night, found out its a bent top mounting shock bolt (where the top of the shock mounts to the rocker link). This seems like its a common problem on these and I think the shock length is just a hair too long for the mounting points since I actually have to compress the shock a little to get it to mount. Has Giant addressed this or is there a fix I should know about before I go to the LBS to deal with this. The local giant dealer isn't really that big into the DH scene, so I'm kinda stuck on my own when dealing with them.

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 8:22 Quote
Sounds like you have the wrong sized shock in there. Mine does without having to compress shit

O+
Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 8:44 Quote
It's the shock that came stock with it, and its only like 2mm of compression, so I don't think its the wrong size

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 22:29 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
JackTepper wrote:
gclarida wrote:

yeah man, its crap. Before i put on frame protection you could literally look at the paint and it would scratch.
What kind if protecter??
3m Tape is common, I'm using Tubeskinz for the downtube.
cheaper is old tubes and electrical tape.not as good looking though .

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 16:58 Quote
I use the lizard skins frame protectors.

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 9:04 Quote
can some of you guys post your weight and rear shock spring weight? I'm running a 450, and i swear I'm never bottoming out, even on larger features. i weigh 175lbs and get this feeling I'm over sprung in the rear.

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 9:21 Quote
What shock? I'm 170 and i run a 450 on a vivid

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 9:33 Quote
Nobble wrote:
What shock? I'm 170 and i run a 450 on a vivid

hey Nobble, i saw your post on the other thread. thanks for chiming in.

I'm on a vivd r2c as well, but it feels like its over sprung (compression all the way open as well). i never have bottomed out the rear, even while riding fairly aggressive. looking for a little softer ride. was thinking going to a 350/400

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 9:38 Quote
Youre gonna bottom it out a lot if you ride hard and go with a springrate that low.

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 9:42 Quote
even with some compression dialed in?

Posted: Aug 24, 2014 at 9:46 Quote
Yes, low speed compression wont do anything in that situation.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011444
Mobile Version of Website