Rear shock..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 7:30 Quote
Hi all, Just a quick question,

Obviously on the rear i got the spring collar. How do i no how much tension or how much to wind it up to?

Just got a new rear shock and wanting to set it up properly...

regards

nick

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 7:43 Quote
Did it not come with any set-up info?

Does the company not offer any?

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 20:11 Quote
nickchristy wrote:
Hi all, Just a quick question,

Obviously on the rear i got the spring collar. How do i no how much tension or how much to wind it up to?

Just got a new rear shock and wanting to set it up properly...

regards

nick
typically if you can barely move it with your hands, its too tight. it is just for preload. the right spring is the correct way to set up a bike right

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 3:37 Quote
Make sure you have the correct spring for your weight.

Then do the collar down until it starts to create tension on the spring, then add one turn. if you want more preload, turn it a turn at a time. Saw somewhere that mentioned no more than 4 turns? As you should then change spring.

Just have a play until you get the feel you like. Remember the more you wind it in, the less travel you will have as you are preloading the spring.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 9:28 Quote
The least amount of pre load you can run the better, increasing pre load seriously effects your rebound stroke in a negative way.

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 17:08 Quote
Two full turns of the spring is the max amount of preload you should have. Any more and youll need a heavier sping, best place i find is just tight enough so the spring does not wriggle. hope that helps

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 8:16 Quote
THANKS GUYS ALL SORTED

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013363
Mobile Version of Website