PB Forum :: Downhill
How to ride DH safely and WIN!
O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 15:08 Quote
or where long sleeve jersey cuz i crashed and got siches on my elbow

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 4:25 Quote
size S t-shirt with elbow guards

Posted: Sep 17, 2013 at 4:47 Quote
I think downhilling is no more dangerous but racing is, going to 110% to win is, but its worth it.

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 at 19:05 Quote
live in that moment of time,don't over think what you already know,pre live the track in your mind before your run,once in the gate blank every thing out go tunnel vision,once on course let flow like water,the bike will feed you the line to be on.

Posted: Nov 6, 2013 at 12:32 Quote
Not sure if trolling, hacked or plain stupid, but I've reported him on the basis of what he's written on photos and hopefully he'll be troubling Pinkbike no longer soon.

Posted: Nov 22, 2013 at 22:22 Quote
Here are some of the dates from SE Racing & Dunbar Cycles: May 20th Port Angeles NW Cup & BC Cup combo, July 20th Silver Star BC Cup & NW Cup combo, July 27th Western Open BC Cup and August 31st Fernie BC Cup.

Also remember the season kicks off March 2nd at Silver Star for the 2014 FrostBIKE....

Posted: Nov 26, 2013 at 18:38 Quote
Martinezorlando wrote:
live in that moment of time,don't over think what you already know,pre live the track in your mind before your run,once in the gate blank every thing out go tunnel vision,once on course let flow like water,the bike will feed you the line to be on.

Words of a true guru. Also saddle time....lots of it. If you want to win. Cross train as well for wholistic fitness, and learn how to crash (like how to effectively bail). Another important thing as well, is that you really have to have full commitment on whatever you do at the track, no room for 2nd guessing. Second guessing leads to doubt, doubt leads to fear, and fear often times causes you to tense up, whether on a difficult line, on a high speed part, on a technical part, or on a jump. Always think yes I can do it, rather than I think I can do it. That is a good mindset to have especially if you practice graduation on technique and track difficulty and saddle time. Winning is not something that does not come without first sowing.

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 at 23:13 Quote
I think yoda said it best "there is no try, there is only Do" Salute

Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 20:31 Quote
Please check my edit of me on my profile!

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 18:04 Quote
I think we should add, "stay calm" to the list. I have better practice runs than race runs because I'm always tense as hell.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 3:32 Quote
siderealwall2 wrote:
I think we should add, "stay calm" to the list. I have better practice runs than race runs because I'm always tense as hell.

This. My very first DH race I was having good practice runs but during the race I literally crashed 4 times and almost broke something in my hand

Posted: May 7, 2014 at 19:06 Quote
Sorry for this but when ever i go off a jump on my rc4 fox shock it sounds like its hitting my rear tire but its not what do i do

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 13:58 Quote
jeromeiannone wrote:
Sorry for this but when ever i go off a jump on my rc4 fox shock it sounds like its hitting my rear tire but its not what do i do

Seat Buzz? Take the spring off the shock, and fully compress it. If the tyre hits your seat, you know what it is.

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 15:37 Quote
#75 pretend you're racing every time you ride...or in other words, practice like you're racing! You race how you practice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017099
Mobile Version of Website