A dedicated thread to show off your specialized

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
A dedicated thread to show off your specialized
Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 11:42 Quote
Paking wrote:
GoRideYoBike wrote:
Paking wrote:
Does anyone know what's the difference between a Camber FSR and a Stumpjumper FSR?

Camber is a 120mm travel 29er (intended for XC/trail) with the camber evo being a 130mm bike for XC/Rough trail

Stumpjumper is a 140mm travel 29er (intended for Trail/light AM) with the stumpjumper evo (available in 29 and 26) being a 150mm Rough Trail/Enduro bike

I've seen the numbers and specifications, thanks for making their intended use clear. I see you own a Stumpjumper EVO 26"? I'm curious about how different it rides from the Camber. Personally I'm a small rider, so I'm not really a fan of 29" wheels, I'll be disappointed if Specialized totally took out 26" wheels from the XC category.
26lbs 2oz Pictured
That's one sweet build you goy there. I own a Enduro Expert '11, but I believe it's overkill for any XC or long climbs, that's why I've been wondering the difference between a camber and the stump jumper. I am a DH rider, so I have an aggressive riding downhill.

Thanks! Unfortunately they've discontinued 26" entirely for xc and trail uses (epic, camber, stumpjumper) for 2014. If you want to stay 26", your only option that's less aggressive than the enduro is the stumpjumper EVO, which I believe to be just as capable as the enduro in a lighter, more flickable package. Just to be clear, you're looking for a trail bike for use downhill?

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 16:47 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
that's a frankenbike! looks good though, nice work. how does it ride?

What do you meanWink Big Grin Thanks man, it rides surprisingly well for a 16 year old frame, I like it!

Posted: Mar 10, 2014 at 20:09 Quote
I mean it's an odd mix of parts for the frame. great components, but not what I would expect to see. props for doing something different. I can't believe how new that frame looks for how old it is.

Posted: Mar 12, 2014 at 15:52 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
I mean it's an odd mix of parts for the frame. great components, but not what I would expect to see. props for doing something different. I can't believe how new that frame looks for how old it is.

I hear what you're saying, I just always wanted one of these frames and built it up the best I could. It does ride
very well and has 130mm (5.125") of rear wheel travel now (different link and longer shock).

The frame was in great shape when I bought the stock bike from someone on here.

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:24 Quote
sta99y wrote:
Jakeeers wrote:
Specialized Pitch Pro

Here's Mine, 3M Carbon effect wrap on a Pitch Pro....

got the decals from dnfive.co.uk
A carbon wrap!! Self done or professionally done? Doing a bike can't be easy for sure...?
Looks great!

Done it myself, took a while and its not perfect but it's ok for now.... It's originally that awful brown colour they came in so im thinking of getting it powdercoated at some point, then perhaps just use the wrap more sparingly......

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 13:24 Quote
I'd just raw the linkages and leave the carbon wrap on

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 at 14:00 Quote
Jakeeers wrote:
sta99y wrote:
Jakeeers wrote:
Specialized Pitch Pro

Here's Mine, 3M Carbon effect wrap on a Pitch Pro....

got the decals from dnfive.co.uk
A carbon wrap!! Self done or professionally done? Doing a bike can't be easy for sure...?
Looks great!

Done it myself, took a while and its not perfect but it's ok for now.... It's originally that awful brown colour they came in so im thinking of getting it powdercoated at some point, then perhaps just use the wrap more sparingly......
Mines further up the page or page before but a shot blast, pressure check and powder coat, colour of choice £65 all threads greased or masked. A bargain one would say.

Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 16:48 Quote
GoRideYoBike wrote:
Paking wrote:
GoRideYoBike wrote:

Camber is a 120mm travel 29er (intended for XC/trail) with the camber evo being a 130mm bike for XC/Rough trail

Stumpjumper is a 140mm travel 29er (intended for Trail/light AM) with the stumpjumper evo (available in 29 and 26) being a 150mm Rough Trail/Enduro bike

I've seen the numbers and specifications, thanks for making their intended use clear. I see you own a Stumpjumper EVO 26"? I'm curious about how different it rides from the Camber. Personally I'm a small rider, so I'm not really a fan of 29" wheels, I'll be disappointed if Specialized totally took out 26" wheels from the XC category.
26lbs 2oz Pictured
That's one sweet build you goy there. I own a Enduro Expert '11, but I believe it's overkill for any XC or long climbs, that's why I've been wondering the difference between a camber and the stump jumper. I am a DH rider, so I have an aggressive riding downhill.

Thanks! Unfortunately they've discontinued 26" entirely for xc and trail uses (epic, camber, stumpjumper) for 2014. If you want to stay 26", your only option that's less aggressive than the enduro is the stumpjumper EVO, which I believe to be just as capable as the enduro in a lighter, more flickable package. Just to be clear, you're looking for a trail bike for use downhill?

I'll probably buy a DH bike this summer, meaning I no longer will have to downhill my Enduro. This is why I've been wandering with the idea of getting a lighter package trail bike. I just need to know that the bike can handle some abuse in XC trails without suffering damage.

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 9:23 Quote
sta99y wrote:
Jakeeers wrote:
sta99y wrote:

Looks great!

Mines further up the page or page before but a shot blast, pressure check and powder coat, colour of choice £65 all threads greased or masked. A bargain one would say.
Bargain is right! Was that painted or powdercoated?

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 9:49 Quote
Paking wrote:
GoRideYoBike wrote:
Paking wrote:

26lbs 2oz Pictured

I'll probably buy a DH bike this summer, meaning I no longer will have to downhill my Enduro. This is why I've been wandering with the idea of getting a lighter package trail bike. I just need to know that the bike can handle some abuse in XC trails without suffering damage.

Unless you're looking at a stumpjumper evo, you're looking at 29" wheels. The camber evos are pretty awesome and capable bikes, there's a vid on vitalmtb of the Shaw brothers shredding them. If you're getting a DH bike and looking at an xc ride that can handle some rougher trails, the camber EVO is for you.

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 11:26 Quote
Jakeeers wrote:
sta99y wrote:
Jakeeers wrote:

Bargain is right! Was that painted or powdercoated?
Powder coated!! Found it pretty hard to refit front mech as I've heard powder coating is equivalent to 10 coats of paint!
But a good strong durable finish!

Posted: Mar 23, 2014 at 5:12 Quote
Pitch 2011..Custom

Few changes to the Pitch

Raceface D2 stem
CraneCreek S2
Hope Mono Mini Pro 203 Alpine
Lyrik 160mm RC2DH 2010
Kashima RP23 200BV
SRAM X0 RedWing & shifters (2x9)
PG990 Redwing Cassette
TruActiv Chain Device & Bash
GXP Crankset
Stan's Flow EX Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs, laced; DT Swiss Champ D'Butted
Hans dampf 2.35
Renthal Fatbar 780mm 20mm
Nukeproof electron pedals
Reverb
Charge spoon

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 8:13 Quote
Spesh epic carbon

My Epic carbon
Few upgrades
Full alu bolt upgrade
Mavic crossmax st
Token ti qr's
Kcnc bling
S works seat pin
Xo 1x9 race face narrow/ wide
World Cup flat bars
Elixir carbon brakes
Weight 23lbs

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 12:14 Quote
My pitch just built up

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o739/Dusty_Berm/pitch_zps2ce18048.jpg
Hope x2 brakes
Hope headset
Hope bottom bracket
Hope skewers
Hope Pro Hubs on Mavic 321 rims
Kore 50mm stem
RockShox Revelation xx 150mm
RockShox Reverb
Carbon Rock Guard
Raceface Atlas crank and Bash
full x9 gear set up
Charge seat
Deity Pedals
Renthal Fat Bar 38mm rise cut to 160mm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021959
Mobile Version of Website