The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 4:12 Quote
just info about les gets or morzine and experiances,crashes whateva

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:53 Quote
I used to live in geneva like 30 min away from there now i live in cornwall so i cant go there but the annoying thing is when i lived there (about 6 yrs ago) i was not into biking and i found out how good it was when i moved here i went there once as a small trip renting bikes anyway i am so annoyed that i cant do there much now but i could have - dam

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
am going next year for the first time, some info would be nice Beer

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
Massive open tracks that are absolutely flat out, huge braking bumps all the way, excrutiating wrist/forearm pain, awesome secret tracks if you know where to go, best fun youll have your bike.

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
Geoff-Ross wrote:
I used to live in geneva like 30 min away from there now i live in cornwall so i cant go there but the annoying thing is when i lived there (about 6 yrs ago) i was not into biking and i found out how good it was when i moved here i went there once as a small trip renting bikes anyway i am so annoyed that i cant do there much now but i could have - dam
oh my god that is so unlucky, i would do anthing to have a summer and winter house there, have you been mtb there since?

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 9:40 Quote
Muttley wrote:
Massive open tracks that are absolutely flat out, huge braking bumps all the way, excrutiating wrist/forearm pain, awesome secret tracks if you know where to go, best fun youll have your bike.

how actually big are the braking bumps?

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
"how actually big are the braking bumps?"

Wheel sized on some of the tracks, but not too bad on the others. Every year they say that they've got a new team in too rebuild the tracks and stop it happening but nothing ever happens. Still, some of the best tracks in the world out there.

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:00 Quote
on most tracks they are about 12inch deep and all the way down, due to slow types skidding and braking their way down, on some they are bigger and on other therare smaller.

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:03 Quote
Muttley wrote:
on most tracks they are about 12inch deep and all the way down, due to slow types skidding and braking their way down, on some they are bigger and on other therare smaller.

that must get really f*cking anoying

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
george88 wrote:
"how actually big are the braking bumps?"

Wheel sized on some of the tracks, but not too bad on the others. Every year they say that they've got a new team in too rebuild the tracks and stop it happening but nothing ever happens. Still, some of the best tracks in the world out there.

the problem is fixing them is pointless, having worked on a bikepark you can take a digger down and fix them, then 2 days later theyre all the same size again.

for the start of the season we fix the ones what are getting pretty bad but when it's peak season it's completely pointless, it's a downhill track whats the point of them been nice and smooth all the way down?

the bikepark i worked at only had a few tracks but to run around fixing braking bumps because of whiners just takes far too much work, i can't imagine what it would be like trying to fix all the tracks in the alps

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
There is a track called Pleney (sp) that goes into morzine and its so much fun although its a bit light dark light dark so your eyes are very confused but its so fun just watch out for falling on sharp rocks and ripping a 3 inch gash down to the bone it messes up your week a lil bit.

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
pleney is only good for 2-3 runs...then its just boring, as with all the main tracks.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:29 Quote
Muttley wrote:
pleney is only good for 2-3 runs...then its just boring, as with all the main tracks.

I suppose it depends on your riding styles and what you like but i loved pleney. Canyon was good as well but a bit short and annyoing to get to although i thnik we went the wrong way.

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
Canon is ok, yeah boy is the best track on pleney mountain thang, gold course from the top of chavannes is wicked, and the singletrack from super mrozine is good.

but you dont know where they are.

hehe.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
Nope only got 1 and a half days riding before i crocked myself then spent the rest of the week riding drugged up to the eyeballs on random french painkillers on the red runs because the others just hurt to much. I was gutted to miss riding champery the guys i was with rode it while i was feeling sorry for myself.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014247
Mobile Version of Website