- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
- The OFFICIAL Blk Mrkt thread - post your blkmrkt here!
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 16:26 Quote
seraph wrote:
Epitome?
Idk how it's spelled. Forgive me. "the height of..." is what I meant.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 16:29 Quote
Nobble wrote:
pinch bolt headtubes are awesome, you can run an angleset and change angles without having to press a cup in and out.
i like the idea and all, ive just never had to mess with a HA that much on any bike ive owned.. although moar adjustments is usually a good thing.

i have a bud whos owned some older style frames with that pinch bolt HT, he's complained about it creaking every once in a while... never ridden one or owned one, so i guess i have mixed feelings about em..? Very confused

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 16:33 Quote
817moto wrote:
seraph wrote:
Epitome?

Right...

It's spelled "epitome".

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 16:37 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
Nobble wrote:
pinch bolt headtubes are awesome, you can run an angleset and change angles without having to press a cup in and out.
i like the idea and all, ive just never had to mess with a HA that much on any bike ive owned.. although moar adjustments is usually a good thing.

i have a bud whos owned some older style frames with that pinch bolt HT, he's complained about it creaking every once in a while... never ridden one or owned one, so i guess i have mixed feelings about em..? Very confused
Intense M-9 been doing for a while. It's solid,just have to check during regular maintenance and no worries.
Mines never been a problem.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 16:42 Quote
seraph wrote:
817moto wrote:
seraph wrote:
Epitome?

Right...

It's spelled "epitome".
Thank you.

Posted: May 14, 2014 at 17:54 Quote
Update on The Mob.
photo

Posted: May 26, 2014 at 8:14 Quote
Nice ^
Here's mine Smile
Blkmrkt riot

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 4:26 Quote
General blkmrkt related questions: What size top tube do you ride for your blkmrkt and how tall are you

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 6:52 Quote
BoneDog wrote:
General blkmrkt related questions: What size top tube do you ride for your blkmrkt and how tall are you

Depends on many factors like fork length (dropping your forks from 100mm to 70mm makes a huge difference, even more huge when you go rigid), personal preference, riding style, stem length etc. Best is to try out some buddies their bikes and look at their geometry and fork length to find out when suits you best.

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 7:35 Quote
BoneDog wrote:

As I recall (terrible memory) my Mob and my Killswitch are both about 22.5" but Mob is listed as a large and the KS is listed as a medium. I'm a short 6'2" or tall 6'1" depending on how long I've been out of bed when I'm measured.

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 8:38 Quote
For me, when I ride 70mm suspension or less (rigid) I ride a 22" toptube.
When I ride 90mm or more suspension I ride a 22.5" toptube.

I'm 188cm / 6'2 tall

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 8:41 Quote
LeroyRochester wrote:
BoneDog wrote:

As I recall (terrible memory) my Mob and my Killswitch are both about 22.5" but Mob is listed as a large and the KS is listed as a medium. I'm a short 6'2" or tall 6'1" depending on how long I've been out of bed when I'm measured.

Could be possible, since they both are made for different styles of riding.

Usually people on downhill / freeride / slopestyle type of bikes ride longer toptubes than they do on freestyle bikes (street/dirt/park).

It's mainly due to the difference in speed and your adjusted riding position for that speed difference, but also the bike being more stable.

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
22.5" TT on my Edit 1, and I'm 5'11" tall. Feels good, if a little short. Though I feel like a 23" top tube would almost be too long.

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 14:51 Quote
im 5ft 6" and im ordering a new Mommy's little monster

I'm used to riding a medium 22.5 tt, santa cruz jackal 26" wheels

What TT would you guys suggest? I wanna ride the thing for street just as much as I wanna ride it for dj.

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 15:07 Quote
I'm 6'2" and my mob was 21.5tt iirc. Cramped AF. Don't miss it at all tbh never got comfortable on it and couldn't really progress my riding.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030441
Mobile Version of Website