What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Feb 28, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
evilazonic666 wrote:
Well I'll be putting up a sign, that talks about don't bring this trail down to your level. Bring your level up to this trail. If you have trouble with this concept, there's several miles, right of there...... Lol.

Not that the line is so hard core or anything, just that most riders in my area have enormous, yet fragile, egos, and are basically roadies gone dirt. It's a shame really.
thats a good idea and says it all really

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 10:58 Quote
At my spot, we maintain smaller lines for the kids.... so they don't cut down any of the bigger lines.
It's set up for progression, and there is something for all ages & skill levels.
I like to warm up on the smaller lines first, and move to the bigger ones as the day goes on.
It's fun to have new builders / riders stop by and give fresh insight into new lines, all ideas are welcome.

Posted: Mar 6, 2014 at 12:58 Quote
This works really well on larger more stablished sets, but it's pointless on low key privacy trails

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 16:29 Quote
Ice. I was trying to clear the snow off my backyard trails the other day and to keep myself from falling on my face I had to wear attachable spiked ice cleats on my Sombrios. The snow is mostly gone but the ice is really annoying. Takes a while to melt and breaking it up with shovels is nearly impossible. Maybe I'll just strap on my skates and take my sisters blow dryer out there with an extension cord to melt it all...

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 16:31 Quote
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
Ice. I was trying to clear the snow off my backyard trails the other day and to keep myself from falling on my face I had to wear attachable spiked ice cleats on my Sombrios. The snow is mostly gone but the ice is really annoying. Takes a while to melt and breaking it up with shovels is nearly impossible. Maybe I'll just strap on my skates and take my sisters blow dryer out there with an extension cord to melt it all...
Long shot, but if you have a fireplace, collect the ashes and spread them on the ice. It will help draw in more heat from the sun to help it melt. Or sand, dirt, or something else dark in colour that can be cleaned back up fairly easily.

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 17:23 Quote
That's a good idea! I never thought to do that but I'll try spreading some dark dirt around when I get a chance (more like mud since it down poured the past two days). Thanks for the tip! Salute

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 6:57 Quote
recklessness wrote:
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
Long shot, but if you have a fireplace, collect the ashes and spread them on the ice. It will help draw in more heat from the sun to help it melt. Or sand, dirt, or something else dark in colour that can be cleaned back up fairly easily.
This right here. My dad has been spreading ashes on our yard/ driveway for 30+ years. Works great. Get to slush/dirt fast as heck

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 9:05 Quote
I hate when less experienced rider's destroy a big jump in order to put in a little beginer jump!!

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 13:05 Quote
I hate anyone who knocks a lip or landing or generally steals dirt from a feature. Moving it is one thing, but destroying it is just robbing peter to pay Paul

Posted: Apr 7, 2014 at 10:08 Quote
when it rains over 100mm in less than 24hrs, buckets go from 50-80pounds upwards of a 100 pounds each, but on a + side the jumps and berms are gettin a good pack down

Posted: Apr 7, 2014 at 12:33 Quote
pinkkrow wrote:
when it rains over 100mm in less than 24hrs, buckets go from 50-80pounds upwards of a 100 pounds each, but on a + side the jumps and berms are gettin a good pack down

when it rains and you only got one good day of riding in since the last time it was dry enough to ride without fighting just to stay upright.

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 7:35 Quote
stickers not the cool stuff ya put on but he sharp thingies that poke holes
ticks
poison ivy
snakes
coyotes
did I mention stickers?blackberry or other wise...

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 8:59 Quote
When someone dumps carpet nails on your trails and half the people you know get flats.

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 11:12 Quote
That's when I dump carpet nails on their face.

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 21:19 Quote
okietwister wrote:
stickers not the cool stuff ya put on but he sharp thingies that poke holes
ticks
poison ivy
snakes
coyotes
did I mention stickers?blackberry or other wise...

prickers?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015052
Mobile Version of Website