YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 14:24 Quote
Found the info I was looking for.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 14:43 Quote
Thanks guys. I'm dreaming here but if they could somehow get the Tues CF Comp down around $5k CAD with GST/PST in that would be an insta-buy for me... that would be a 20% discount which is what lbs seems to discount Norco, Devinci, Giant etc. by at this time of year.

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 14:49 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Thanks guys. I'm dreaming here but if they could somehow get the Tues CF Comp down around $5k CAD with GST/PST in that would be an insta-buy for me... that would be a 20% discount which is what lbs seems to discount Norco, Devinci, Giant etc. by at this time of year.

Yeah but those brands are alot more expensive in the first place and the build kits are mostly far lower than the Tues. As was said Rampage is soon so you might find they have a discount on, or if Gwin wins the over. They've currently got a pretty substantial discount on the top two capras while Gwin leads

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 21:54 Quote
Anyone know if the tire buzzes and if so what is the minimum saddle height?

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 23:03 Quote
Little update...rear hub bearings not as bad as the front ones but still need replacing.

Any of you running Kore hubs had the same problem?

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 23:51 Quote
aw-gooner wrote:
On my '15 tues c.f. comp, tyre doesn't buzz when the seat is fully slammed. Seatpost is too long!

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 4:10 Quote
aw-gooner wrote:

My small CF Comp buzzes but i did run the saddle fairly low.

Will update you as i put it up by 2 inches and will be racing it this weekend.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 4:32 Quote
I am looking to purchase a Tues CF Comp and I am in between sizes at 174 cm. What do you guys recommend? Small or Medium frame

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 4:36 Quote
gungkee wrote:
I am looking to purchase a Tues CF Comp and I am in between sizes at 174 cm. What do you guys recommend? Small or Medium frame

Medium. It's all about sizing up these days. Last thing you want is to be cramped.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 5:25 Quote
aw-gooner wrote:

The tire buzzed on my Medium CF Comp. Moved the seat forward a little and that sorted it.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 7:58 Quote
My brother let me use his TR500 in Whistler last week and I felt in love with DH. I want to buy a bike but I have a budget of 4K max. Does the YT Tues Al would be a good choice as a first DH bike?

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
ultima-forsan wrote:
My brother let me use his TR500 in Whistler last week and I felt in love with DH. I want to buy a bike but I have a budget of 4K max. Does the YT Tues Al would be a good choice as a first DH bike?

Yes, it's a great bike. I love mine.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 10:49 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Yeah but those brands are alot more expensive in the first place and the build kits are mostly far lower than the Tues. As was said Rampage is soon so you might find they have a discount on, or if Gwin wins the over. They've currently got a pretty substantial discount on the top two capras while Gwin leads

True about the others being more money before discount, but after discounts it's a bit closer here in Canada, might be different in the US.

Norco Aurum C7.2 is about $5,100CAD after discount, build kit is similar to Tues CF Comp: Boxxer Team/Vivid except the Aurum has better rims (EX471 on 350 hubs) and X01DH drivetrain vs. X9 on the Tues.

Wilson 27.5 RC (alum front triangle, carbon seat-stay version) is $5,000ish after discounts, build kit again similar to Tues CF Comp: Tues has better cranks and cockpit maybe and of course full carbon frame.

Really tempted by the Aurum @ $5,100CAD, problem is it's at Fanatik in Bellingham so I'd have to pay duty to bring it back home. My point is more than the Tues CF Comp is not a massive value in Canada at $5,700CAD, it needs to come down to $5k or under on a sale for it to make sense to me.

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 12:57 Quote
What bottom brackets have people been changing their ethirteen for in the tues cf pro

Im looking at spending a bit extra for a hope bottom bracket hoping (waaahey) to save money in the future by just having to change bearing. Press fit bottom brackets are such a ripoff...

few questions

Can I fit the hope BB just using the old threaded bar and nuts trick like a headset?

Also can you change the bearings without removing it

Posted: Aug 26, 2016 at 5:56 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:
What bottom brackets have people been changing their ethirteen for in the tues cf pro

Im looking at spending a bit extra for a hope bottom bracket hoping (waaahey) to save money in the future by just having to change bearing. Press fit bottom brackets are such a ripoff...

few questions

Can I fit the hope BB just using the old threaded bar and nuts trick like a headset?

Also can you change the bearings without removing it

Might be better with a screw type for UK conditions such as a Praxis https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/praxis-works-m30-bottom-bracket-conversion-for-bb86-bb92-p282714/s435610?gclid=Cj0KEQjw0f-9BRCF9-D60_n4rKcBEiQAnXW4-5OpNZTr8gtLJ2kGpy-Cjjy4WBOKBdQoanoaVW25wQ8aAtZp8P8HAQ

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.059957
Mobile Version of Website