YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 11:23 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
bobj wrote:
XL bikes in stock!

Out of interest who feels they need an XL?

Genuinely interested because i'm 6'4" and the Large feels awesome to me. I wonder if i would benefit even more by going XL

Bit late to the party but I'm 5'10" tall on a large and it doesn't feel like a big bike, I could easily handle a longer bike but I'm not sure if I want or need to... I don't have gorilla proportions before anyone asks.

I'm due an upgrade this year and I'm torn between the Tues CF Pro and the Sender CF 7.0, the Tues has a slightly better spec but I'm unsure if the poor tyre clearance(on the chainstay) and flexy rear end is any better with the Carbon frame?

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 1:15 Quote
does any one know what springs come with the l size frame in the boxxer and vivid?
and if i want to upgrade to the air spring does this kit fit?
https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/rock-shox-solo-air-upgrade-kit-boxxer-2011-2014-257219

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 1:22 Quote
struc wrote:
does any one know what springs come with the l size frame in the boxxer and vivid?
and if i want to upgrade to the air spring does this kit fit?
https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/rock-shox-solo-air-upgrade-kit-boxxer-2011-2014-257219

Red and 250lbs.
Yes it does, fit to any boxxer models from 2011 to nowadays.

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 6:34 Quote
Talking of spring rates does anyone know what color spring will come in the large framed fox 40 on the Tues cf pro. Cheers.

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 11:34 Quote
Anyone know what oil the bos idylle rare fcv uses??

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
Anyone know what oil the bos idylle rare fcv uses??

It's a specific oil from bos. Stif.co.uk sell it.

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 12:56 Quote
Cheers..is the bos bioil just as good the amx3 is out of stock.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 11:36 Quote
Has anyone here tried the CCDB Air on the Tues? A lot of re-sales of these right now, some are coming really cheap, and I haven't seen real comparisons to X2.

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 2:27 Quote
How much time did it take from the order being paid to getting shipped for everyone else? I got the tracking number and now im just waiting for the bike to be shipped

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 1:12 Quote
Hi, I recently replaced the coil on my Tues changing the stock 250lb coil to a 300lb. I have been out on the bike twice since changing the coil and noticed that the coil had been rubbing against the body removing the paint. So I took the coil off and put some bike tap round the area that had been rubbed and after the next ride it looks like the tape is already failing. I've been riding the bike for 7-8 months before changing the coil and there was no issue. Any ideas on why this happening? Image below:
photo

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 1:46 Quote
Jam29 wrote:
Hi, I recently replaced the coil on my Tues changing the stock 250lb coil to a 300lb. I have been out on the bike twice since changing the coil and noticed that the coil had been rubbing against the body removing the paint. So I took the coil off and put some bike tap round the area that had been rubbed and after the next ride it looks like the tape is already failing. I've been riding the bike for 7-8 months before changing the coil and there was no issue. Any ideas on why this happening? Image below:
photo

Issue is coil deflection, can happened especially on long eye to eye shock. You will find some similar issues earlier in this thread. Ask Rock shox for a coil replacement.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 4:22 Quote
Jam29 wrote:
photo

I have a Tues AL with a Kage. I have 3 different Coils and all of them do this. Just like you I tired tape at first and it failed after 1 day of riding. I've tried a few different things but the only thing that seems to work is covering the body of the shock with the smooth part of some velcro. Since I put that on I have not had any issues (2 months if every day park riding). Just be sure to put the velcro stripes on along the shock body (don't wrap them around!). If you wrap them around the coil will catch the edge of the velcro where the two pieces join and ripp it away.
Sorry if that was confusing but I don't know how to explain it better.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 6:05 Quote
MichaelBernasconi wrote:
I have a Tues AL with a Kage. I have 3 different Coils and all of them do this. Just like you I tired tape at first and it failed after 1 day of riding. I've tried a few different things but the only thing that seems to work is covering the body of the shock with the smooth part of some velcro. Since I put that on I have not had any issues (2 months if every day park riding). Just be sure to put the velcro stripes on along the shock body (don't wrap them around!). If you wrap them around the coil will catch the edge of the velcro where the two pieces join and ripp it away.

Have the same problem with my Vivid. Will try that; thanks !

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 9:14 Quote
Bragelonne wrote:
MichaelBernasconi wrote:

Have the same problem with my Vivid. Will try that; thanks !

Same issue with my Vivid. I used the soft side of Velcro as well. The Velcro shows some wear after a full season. But, the shock body has been safe. I will probably re apply for next season.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 12:47 Quote
MichaelBernasconi wrote:
Jam29 wrote:
photo

Thanks, will give the Velcro method ago!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021330
Mobile Version of Website