The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 17:27 Quote
When are you gonna post up some pictures of that T3? I might have missed them if you have already

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 12:58 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
When are you gonna post up some pictures of that T3? I might have missed them if you have already

Cant post pictures of something I dont have yet. So, no there has not been any pictures, until now:

photo

Hopefully there will be another box delivered tomorrow with the bolt and suppressor.

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 16:52 Quote
Oh f*ck yeah! Looks good. Welcome to the Atlas Bipod club, you'll never use another one again..

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 21:17 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
Oh f*ck yeah! Looks good. Welcome to the Atlas Bipod club, you'll never use another one again..

Its the same one I used on my Remington/AI rifle. They are very good indeed.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 11:35 Quote
Size matters, at least so I am told.

Here is my small, yet supposedly efficient suppressor. Made in Finland by ASE UTRA
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://forum.snipershide.com/attachments/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/35570d1397586715-tikka-t3-varmint-krg-build-bild.jpg

Reference chart:
http://www.aseutra.fi/s-series-sl5-suppressor

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 14:18 Quote
zooooop.

Typical tumblr bullshit photo. Sorry. I had to.

thingsdereklikes. Blantons Bourbon Old Chevy s Good bow-ties 1911 s Compact assisted-action knives

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 11:12 Quote
First time to the range today.

photo

The rifle, complete with bolt and suppressor;
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 13:44 Quote
Not bad! shooting at 100yds? What ammo are you shooting?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 23:53 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
Not bad! shooting at 100yds? What ammo are you shooting?

Our local range is more shotgun oriented but we have a part of the facility set up for running target shooting and a 80meter range (87yards) to sight in the scope. So while this is nowhere near the capability of the rifle, I would say that it shows some potential.

The interesting part is the ammo. Its super cheap Sellier & Bellot 124grain FMJs. Which carry a pretty bad reputation for bad accuracy, but they seem to work ok in my Tikka.
I wont use it for competitions naturally, but for plinking and running target shooting, I say that they are plenty accurate.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 9:36 Quote
No that isnt bad at all... I'm excited to see how it shoots when you are using Match ammo and has enough rounds down the barrel to tighten the groups up, My 700 shot well right out of the box, but it started shooting REALLY well after about 200rds.

I got a care package from Magpul today, my AFG and MS4 Sling arrived, I will put up a picture of my DD tonight or tomorrow, now I just need optics...

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 10:35 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
No that isnt bad at all... I'm excited to see how it shoots when you are using Match ammo and has enough rounds down the barrel to tighten the groups up, My 700 shot well right out of the box, but it started shooting REALLY well after about 200rds.

I got a care package from Magpul today, my AFG and MS4 Sling arrived, I will put up a picture of my DD tonight or tomorrow, now I just need optics...

I am exited about that too. Im looking around for some Match ammo but it seems like the local dealers are out at the moment.
I might get a friend or two to load up some matchammo for me though, it seems like it will be the fastest right now.

I really want to go to the 300 meter range. But I dont want to go there with plinking ammo only.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 12:38 Quote
What do you pay for a box of 20 of that S&B plinking ammo?

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 21:21 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
What do you pay for a box of 20 of that S&B plinking ammo?

They come in boxes of 50 and they cost the equivalent of 41.69 Canadian dollars.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 9:52 Quote
Thats actually not bad, for cheap winchester 147gr FMJ its about $21cad for 20rds.

And Once again I forgot to take a picture of my AR

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 10:27 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
Thats actually not bad, for cheap winchester 147gr FMJ its about $21cad for 20rds.

And Once again I forgot to take a picture of my AR

The regular Norma "Jakt match" ammo runs at 87 CAD for box of 50. The added benefit of these is that the cartridges are good quality and is good for reloading.
The cheap S&B ammo is not suitable for reloading.

I had my Mossberg 930 at the range during this weekend and tried some buckshot in it. Got decent patterns out to 30 yards or so. And 100% function. The only shells that continue to cause FTE:s are Gyttorps Thunder Steel. Which sucks because they are supposed to be good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018224
Mobile Version of Website