Powered by Outside

I want to hear the bad about Iron Horse Sundays.

PB Forum :: Downhill
I want to hear the bad about Iron Horse Sundays.
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:31 Quote
I have heard all the good about the Sundays. I want to hear your complaints about them.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:42 Quote
they are race bikes, with racing geo, so they are long and less easy to throw around, they are low so you have to be careful pedaling in rough patches, and they slack, so they are not huck bikes... they are also distributed through some big sports outlet in canada, and by performance bikes in the usa; both are not places i would like to buy a bike from.

if you like your money staying in-country, they are also built in taiwan (except for the top of the line frame i believe); but then again almost all frames are made overseas now...

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:45 Quote
blah blah blah blah blah low bb BLah blah blah thats what i see this thread going to. i could be wrong.
why do you want to hear bad stuff anyway?

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:45 Quote
emubritish wrote:
they are race bikes, with racing geo, so they are long and less easy to throw around, they are low so you have to be careful pedaling in rough patches, and they slack, so they are not huck bikes... they are also distributed through some big sports outlet in canada, and by performance bikes in the usa; both are not places i would like to buy a bike from.

if you like your money staying in-country, they are also built in taiwan (except for the top of the line frame i believe); but then again almost all frames are made overseas now...

It's called Sport Check, imagine Best Buy, but sells sporting goods insted. They carry mainly Wal Mart specials or slightly better in the Iron Horse stable. They all have repair facilities for bikes but there are very VERY few anyone would consider taking them to. Some lbs stores are starting to carry them Cove bike shop for instance. I know more are trying to carry the more up market bikes.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:47 Quote
terrible for freeride. way too plush, they are meant for strictly dh

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:48 Quote
the thing thatt really bugged me about sundays is the bottem brarcket height is really low and the pedals constantly knick the ground

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 19:56 Quote
The only thing wrong with the Sunday is that the Glory is cooler.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 21:54 Quote
dr-phil wrote:
The only thing wrong with the Sunday is that the Glory is cooler.
Well said...haha. But if I just like to ride DH trails, not really huck or freeride, then it would be a perfect bike?

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 21:58 Quote
face it theirs only good things about them

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 22:00 Quote
wkdrider69 wrote:
face it theirs only good things about them
C'mon...I want to hear what people hate. There awesome for sure. But I want to know all about the rumors of cranks hitting the ground and stuff. There is a shitty side to every frame.

Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 22:04 Quote
sport chek. if they were sold in real stores in canada, i'd have two of em by now. i think they are a great bike.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 22:06 Quote
Paintjobs on them suck, thats why i got mine powdercoated.
The low BB is why that bike rails corners so well, thats a good thing, you shouldnt need to pedal because you can make them go faster pumping over stuff. At Whistler I see more Sundays than any other bike, and a lot of those people ride a-line and dirt merchant with them. I have friends who are spinning 360s and backflipping their Sundays, so you cant say its not a freeride capable bike.
Other than the dicey paintjobs I dont think theres anything that comes to mind.
The lower shock mount was siezed on mine when it came so I couldnt remove my shock for a week, but thats more the factories fault than IHs, and seeing as how IHs come from the same factory as 1/3 of all other companies do, thats likely to happen on other bikes too.

O+
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 at 22:11 Quote
Cool it...I just want to know what the issues are with the frame. I have only heard good things about them. And everything has some sort of bad to it. So chill out.

Its like saying Norco. or trek or any ohter brand sucks i like Iron horse and i never heard one bad thing about that bike!

for real. the sundays were everywhere, and every canadian(me included) in whistler was jawin about how good the bike is and why its so f$cked that you really can't buy em in canada. the iron horse people were real nice there but had no answers for us in terms of gettin around sport chek. i think the most common bike at most resorts has to be the demo's. and with good reason. super fun bike.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009393
Mobile Version of Website