Powered by Outside

New Trail Bike

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 17:38 Quote
Trail bike...
It's between a Blur Trc, Enduro S-works, or Jekyll.
Any opinion?

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 17:52 Quote
TRC = 50% up 50% down (best option)

Enduro S-Works = 30% up 20% down

Jekyll = 60% up 40% down

The TRC will be the best bike for around here becasue its super agile and super aggresive. The enduro will be sick if you build it with a 36 or something because you can pretty much ride the stuff you do on your v10. And the Jekyll I don't know too much about but I feel like it might be a little risky with a pull shock.

FL
Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 18:00 Quote
Getting the Trc this month, definitively excited to get it for riding Marin as it'll climb better than the Nomad but shred tight singletracks as nicely.
If I was not riding for Santa Cruz, the Jekyl would be my 1st choice as you can adjust rear travel from 110mm to 150mm and if you put a Rockshox Revelation 115/150mm on it that would be a killer bike.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 18:13 Quote
go jekyll dude. ridden em all and not just saying it cause i ride for cdale but also because the descend, jump, climb, turn and do everything better. all the other bikes on the market have strengths but if you put all of each bikes individual strength together you get a jekyll.

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 18:27 Quote
jekkl. jeremy your retarded. i have ridden the jekkle on tam and tamarancho and it is the best bike. the suspension lockout is crazy. its like cheating. one second your riding a hardtail, the next, enless travel. get the matte black frame

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 18:44 Quote
In terms of an Enduro don't get an S-Works just go normal. Your paying for the name mostly. they are great bikes though, on climbs they keep your power where it's needed and on the descents it keeps the rubber down.

The blur TRC is super nice with a XT build and kashima coated suspension. we have one at summit and it's pretty cool. I would recommend that cause it would be more xcish giving you more climbing geometry but the vpp in a 130 state will still be supple on the down hill.

The winner though is by far the Jekyll. If you could find a bad review on a jekyll i would be surprised. they are the way of the future!

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 18:59 Quote
eduros mob downhill. trc's mob everywhere but not as fast going down as the enduro. dont know much about the jekyll

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 19:12 Quote
i would say a Jekyll for sure one of the funnest bikes ive ridden enduros blow

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 19:59 Quote
I'd say the blur.

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 21:14 Quote
The TRc is more of a trail bike, while the other 2 bikes are more "all mountain". I would say the Nomad would be a better comparison to the others. The TRc is basically an XC bike with a little more travel and geo that is made for ripping (slack angles, low BB, ect.). It will be better for climbing, cornering, flicking around than the others mentioned, but It will not plow through a rock garden better. The TRc is also a whole hell of a lot lighter than the others.

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 21:56 Quote
r-gibson wrote:
I'd say the blur.

well your retarded

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 22:32 Quote
travisfoxx wrote:
r-gibson wrote:
I'd say the blur.

well your retarded

Making a meaningless comment like that should make any intelligent person looking to buy a bike completely disregard your opinion. It appears that you don't have much info behind your conclusion.

Posted: Jan 17, 2012 at 12:06 Quote
Hey Storm.
I agree with Kiran - if you're looking for "all mountain" go nomad c
trail (xc rides / training) blur trc for sure.

Posted: Jan 17, 2012 at 12:14 Quote
D8ER wrote:
Hey Storm.
I agree with Kiran - if you're looking for "all mountain" go nomad c
trail (xc rides / training) blur trc for sure.
There's also the Blur LTc...

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012246
Mobile Version of Website