How many times a week do you train?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
How many times a week do you train?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 15, 2012 at 8:53 Quote
What type of training do you do on these days? Strength? Cardio? Plyometrics?

Posted: Oct 20, 2012 at 0:53 Quote
Cardio, I riding one hour everyday now

Posted: Nov 7, 2012 at 2:45 Quote
I'm practicing several sports :

- Kung Fu and sparring 3 times a week
- Running 1 to 2 times a week
- Fitness center (lifting weight) 2 times a week

Of course, ride my Enduro each weekend (essentially XC I confess)

Posted: Nov 11, 2012 at 15:17 Quote
Triathlete. Cant say how much I train per week since my trainingplan is periodized and devided into macro and micro cycles but its ~ 900h this year. Next week will be a regenerative cycle and I am in my transition phase (offseason), so I wont spend too much time:

monday is a 45min jog
tue: 1:15 swimming
wed: 1:15 swimming, 45min jog
thur: 1:15 swimming + 45min jog
fri: 2h bike
sat: 1:15 swimming, 45min jog
sun: 45min jog

everything is pretty chill with some 5min HI-intervals in there. Doesnt make sense without the whole trainingsplan for the year but just wanted to give an example and I also like to brag about what an well-disciplined f*cker I am Smile

Posted: Nov 11, 2012 at 16:04 Quote
Right now I'm lifting 3 days a week and getting out on some long technical all mountain rides.

In December that'll switch to lifting 2x a week and getting in about 20 - 25 hours a week in on the road and cx bike, throwing in some mtb here and there.

In February I'll start cutting back hours and stop lifting. 20 hour weeks with some 4-5 hour rides but also start an 8 week interval plan that I'll cycle through the whole season.

Once the race season starts (end of March), it'll be mostly 15 hour weeks and strictly the interval plan, with some long rides on the weekends there aren't races.

Then in October it's time to ditch the HR moniter and go ride some sick trails for a while.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 11:09 Quote
Lifting twice a week, Riding downhill twice a week, riding road (for fitness) twice a week.

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 18:50 Quote
Lift 6-9x/week. Run 6x/week, sprints/triple jump specific training for track. I only bike a few times a month now that it's winter season...

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 5:16 Quote
Riding 9-15 hrs a week. Core trading 3-45 mins a week

Posted: Apr 2, 2016 at 21:09 Quote
santabooze wrote:
Riding 9-15 hrs a week. Core trading 3-45 mins a week

What is your core training like?

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
Crossfit 3-4 times a week and riding when I can. I have a six month old daughter. Starting to ride more consistently. But more important than that, eat correctly. I once heard that, "its 70% eating right and 30% exercise..."
I actually tried that method once being very strict for about 19 days and lost 17lbs I. That time and felt like a teenager again. After that time, eating healthy is now part of the norm.

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 14:49 Quote
I train almost 7 days a week. Monday short recovery ride (20to40)min Tuesday 20 min intervals and pumptrack riding Wednesday is a long ride over my local cyclepath that has lots of climbs. Tuesday is a gym sesh Friday is a ride around my local tralis. Saturday is either an enduro race or long ride in my local trails. Sunday is either a XC race or a dh sesh or a low intensity family ride.

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 23:27 Quote
Cardio. It's more easier for me.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 at 1:18 Quote
Kettlebells and bodyweight workouts plus jump rope,box jump and standard deadlifts.Always worked the best for me since when i use heavier weights i tend to get too much muscles compared to how much strenght i gain.

In off season im training 4 times in week and other 2 days are on bike trainer where i have 2 diffirent type of training.
In season i tend to workout 2-3 times a week and add some interval training and that is basicly all what i do.

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 19:21 Quote
Ideally I’d like to train 3 days a week with weights, mainly compound lifts and then ride 3 times a week. One short ride mid week and 1 XC ride one day of the weekend and rough roudy downhill/ enduro day the other weekend day

Totally not there yet but that my goal

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019620
Mobile Version of Website