Powered by Outside

Advice for Canyon Torque DHX Whipzone for DH beginners?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Advice for Canyon Torque DHX Whipzone for DH beginners?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 3:45 Quote
Hi mates, I'm considering getting a Canyon torque DHX Whipzone as my first DH bike. I'm riding hardtail Cove Stiffee FR and now wants to go more into DH. I'm not looking into spending too much and the setup of this bike looks more than adequate to me. Besides this bike I'm also considering Kona 2014 Park Operator or 2013 operator. Do appreciate some advice and recommendation. Cheers.

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 5:56 Quote
The torque is an ideal cheap DH bike, you will have trouble getting a better bike for the money.. frame is light as well should you want to upgrade bits.

Posted: Jan 11, 2014 at 23:32 Quote
I bought the exact same bike, the DHX Whipzone, I love to pieces. I've considered every option out there, buying used , YT-industries,Radon and some other Online only seller, the Torque is the best bang for the buck, it has a modern geometry, and is almost 1 kg(2 pounds) lighter than the Yt Tues and i think it looks good.

FL
Posted: Jan 12, 2014 at 2:11 Quote
Another vote for the canyon, I got last year's frx and it's as good as other bikes worth £1000 more

Posted: Jan 12, 2014 at 5:09 Quote
Cheers mates! Yup I think I'll go for canyon too, only worries now is whether if they ship to Singapore. But according to their website they do indicate Singapore so just gotta cross my fingers they really do...

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 20:19 Quote
JanRusko wrote:
I bought the exact same bike, the DHX Whipzone, I love to pieces. I've considered every option out there, buying used , YT-industries,Radon and some other Online only seller, the Torque is the best bang for the buck, it has a modern geometry, and is almost 1 kg(2 pounds) lighter than the Yt Tues and i think it looks good.
Hi matey, may I know what is your height and what frame size you got for the Whipzone? I'm 1.73m and I've been riding size S all this time for hardtail. I've read in some forum most dude ride size M for DH frame and there is even a guy says he's 1.70m and he rides a Torque FRX size L and the bike fits him perfectly. Pls advice. Cheers!

Posted: Feb 4, 2014 at 20:21 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Another vote for the canyon, I got last year's frx and it's as good as other bikes worth £1000 more
Hi matey, may I know what is your height and what frame size you got for the Whipzone? I'm 1.73m and I've been riding size S all this time for hardtail. I've read in some forum most dude ride size M for DH frame and there is even a guy says he's 1.70m and he rides a Torque FRX size L and the bike fits him perfectly. Pls advice. Cheers!

FL
Posted: Feb 5, 2014 at 3:51 Quote
I'm 185 cm tall, medium is perfect

Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 11:11 Quote
qilun wrote:
JanRusko wrote:

I'm 175 and ride a 2013 FRX medium.. fits me great and does not feel too big in any way!!.

Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 10:39 Quote
Hi guys. Need some advice here.
I've got a offer of a second hand 2012 Operator with good upgrade comp. (Fox 40 RC2, Atomlab pimplite with Hope pro evo2, Crank brother iodine 11 carbon DH handle bar), I've yet view the bike personally as I've seen only the photo of the bike by the seller. The bike looks tip top condition as the seller claims he hardly ride on it and he never used it on any DH track.

But at the same time I'm also considering at a new Canyon Torque DHX Whipzone (spec is at their website). This bike has so far been receiving positive reviews.

The Operator is gonna cost me USD2.7k and the Canyon is gonna cost me USD2.9k include shipping.

So what you guys advice?

FL
Posted: Feb 18, 2014 at 15:31 Quote
Buy new, get warranty
Plus nothing beats new bikes
Though the spec on the kona looks really good, can you get the price down any more or would that just be cheeky?

Posted: Jun 23, 2014 at 0:43 Quote
my dad is looking for a DH bike and the torque DHX play zone looks great
anyone know about sizing? he is 6ft 1inch so would definitely be a large but will it be big enough?
thanks Smile

FL
Posted: Jun 23, 2014 at 1:58 Quote
I'm 6ft 0 and my medium FRX is on the small side, get the large and he should be fine

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 23:38 Quote
hey, do you guys like the way the suspension feels? is it poppy or does it soak up all the big hits?

FL
Posted: Dec 1, 2014 at 5:07 Quote
Most of the time I run mine in the short travel setting and it's more on the poppy side of things, though if you're riding an area with lots of large successive hits I'd keep it in the long travel mode.
worth noting I'm on about the FRX, which has a little less travel than the DHX so I'd imagine the DHX is a bit better at soaking stuff up

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014313
Mobile Version of Website